“Disgraceful, Disgusting & Filthy”
Review of Sheherazade Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cairo
Sheherazade Hotel
Ranked #124 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 10 February 2009

From the second we had stepped into the hotel, things were awful. We were on a business trip and were planning to stay in the hotel for 10 days. Before paying for the 10 days we requested to see the rooms and our request was denied. We were told the second we pay the full amount we can see the room. They took the money and escorted us to what doesn't even qualify for a slum. The door lock was broken, and would never completely lock. The a/c was not working. There were cigarette burn holes in the bed sheets. The toilet was filthy. The fridge was empty and not working. The shower hose was ripped. When we asked for internet they asked us to pay 20 usd a day, and they connected it by extending a internet wire from the 10th floor ( floor we were staying in ) balcony to the ground floor. What a joke. The internet hardly worked and they kept disconnecting it. Me and my colleague ended up paying 80 usd for internet that never worked from the first place. The reception was disgusting, there were cigarette butts on the floor in the plants. At night, I could only fall asleep from exhaustion. Checked out after 2 days and got our money back. Was the happiest person on this planet leaving the hotel.
Staying in this hotel will make you hate Egypt and get a very bad a dirty impression on the country.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 November 2008

I stayed with 3 friends in this hotel. It is few minutes from the down town, so this saved us taxi hussles and so. We demanded nile view rooms which had an amazing view. I think service & staff are generally ok. I loved the night club with a beautiful belly dancer there!

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank peter73sg
Reviewed 3 November 2008

I travel a lot, and this has to be one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. What a pity, it could be so nice, with that Nileside position. Everything is filthy, breakfast is terrible, there were cockroaches crawling over the tablecloth in the restaurant. I feel sorry for the staff who work in these conditions. You can find much better places in Cairo for a quarter of the price or less.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2008

well,
dallas is disappointing, they cheated us on this trip
about the hotel, i have to say this "IT IS THE CRAPPIEST HOTEL EVER"
rude staff, they took 9 pounds just for 1 call to pizza hut,
AC is useless, no hot water, 2 beds even i was at my honeymoon

i asked them many times to change my room because of the hot water, they lied many times telling me we will fix it, then it appears that they should remove the wall to fix the pipes.

i told them ill go to the tourism authority while i was shouting and yelling, they moved me to a room with a hot water, but still all the hotel stinks, all the beds and floors are very dirty.
breakfast is disgusting, staff is not that good, and they lack to professionalism, all they want is a tip
i asked to upgrade my room to a suite, they requested 150$ daily, meanwhile i can get a nice room in hilton by this amount of money

dont go there, dont you ever think of goin there, you will regret it for sure!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

horrible. so dirty, no ac, human hair all over, floor not swipped, water in bath tab didn't drain, dirty bads and sheets. staff was very friendly, but that's the only positive thing to say about shahrazad. do not go there unless all you're looking for is a roof above your head and a smiling receptionist.