Fairmont Nile City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$191
US$141
Sofitel
  • Pool
City View Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$45
Osiris Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$32
2,021 results
All reviewsnapa grillsky poolgold loungesaigon restaurantsmall mallsignature roomel nilroom servicebreakfast buffetshopping mallexcellent hotelnon smokinghotels in cairospecial thanksfour seasonsfgnile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The breakfast is pretty crappy at this hotel. Pretty awful in fact. This morning, November 03, 2013, I went down for breakfast and I discovered that the peaches were covered with white fungus. Quite disgusting and sickening. I showed it to who seemed to be the manager at the time. He did nothing but take it back into to the kitchen. They had the audacity to hand me my bill 2 mins later!

The cold cuts look disgusting, like all dried up as if they have been there and recycled for ages. The tomato look like they have been cut a week ago. The bread and pastries are stale at best. The foul is over oily. Absolutely nothing tastes good or looks fresh or appetizing, but they are always in a rush to get you the marked up bill.

I believe that without a lot guests demanding better food and consuming what they prepare, they have become quite lazy and the food gets recycled for longer. I think it is quite disgusting and unacceptable.

I tried contacting Fairmont corporate, but haven't been able to reach them yet.

As I write this review there is a big party going on downstairs at 12 midnight. The music is so loud it feels like it is pounding on my head and the window is literally shaking. WTF!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anonymous A
Yara E, Public Relations Executive at Fairmont Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Warmest greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are extremely concerned about your comments and experience during your stay with us and would like to unreservedly apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have shared your comments with our colleagues to avoid the re-occurrence of a similar situation.

We hope that this experience has not discouraged you from residing with us. In the meantime, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Fairmont Nile City in the nearest future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Even though i am living just across the River Nile in Zamalek my wife and I had great relaxing and luxurious stay at the Fairmont. the highlight in many ways were the bedsheets and pillows. Finest quality Egyptain cotton made retiring to bed a treat. The bed was so comfortable and good nights sleep guaranteed.
The facilities and decor in the hotel are splendid and of a very high standard.
The roof top swimming pool is excellent and the staff very welcoming and helpful. Drawback to the pool area though i sthe entry to the jacuzzi, difficult access via metal step ladder, not friendly for older or less mobile poeple. The views are spectacular and the pyramids are visible.
I fully intend to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Yara E, Public Relations Executive at Fairmont Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which was a tremendous source of motivation. We greatly value your support and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Close proximity to banking area in Giza/Down town.

Usually I stay at Fairmont in Heliopolis which is very close by the airport. However recently I tried the Nile City hotel as it is very much closer to the clients I visit. And it was no disappointment. Food and variety is excellent. Staff smiling and welcoming. Very nice atmosphere. Lovely rooms with all you need.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City.

We were privileged to have you with us and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is good situated. You need taxi or car to move because it is far from subway. The room is fine for 5 * hotel, but doesn't anything special. Even is a 5 * hotel the staf is not very polite and helpful. Hotel has a nice pool on top floor with nice view over the Nile and city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What a grand hotel, perfect in every aspect, pricey but worth every cent. The bathroom in the executive suites is really something to see its so big that they call it the 'rain forest bathroom', the beds are so soft and comfortable you could skip a day of touring just to enjoy the luxury of the hotel. Food is delicious and the service and presentation is excellent by far one of the best hotels I've been to.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roopa H

Dear Ms. Roopa,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your generous feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.