“Uneven service, food and facilities”
Review of Fairmont Nile City

Fairmont Nile City
Ranked #8 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here 2 nights on a vacation. For a 5-star, it is lacking somewhat in service and facilities. Upon check-in, we were not able to get rooms on the same floor (we had 5 rooms in a group). Even though the hotel was below 30% occupancy, they were not able to arrange alternate rooms. Admittedly, we were checking in late (past midnight), but instead of offering to accommodate us, the agent blamed our tour company for not informing them in advance! They "forgot" to offer us a welcome drink.

Once in the rooms, we found they had a fancy setup where the bathroom has a closet-style door that opens it wide to the entire bedroom -- interesting feature for honeymooning couples perhaps, but for our family, we needed more privacy, but unfortunately, those doors would not close properly! In the bathroom, the hot water was not consistent, and alternated with blasts of cold water (especially when filling up the bath). There was no iron or ironing board either. Wi-Fi was not complimentary, rather was exorbitantly priced (at $7/hour) -- this was the norm in all Egypt hotels, though.

Breakfast buffet was a nice spread, with a lot of local cuisine, plus an omelet/pancake station. For dinner, we sought out their Terrace restaurant, but it was closed without notice. So we ate at the Champagne Bar, and that was no good. Food was dry, unappetizing, and somewhat over-salted. We ordered some local wine (Jardin du Nil) but were sorely disappointed -- it was overbearingly pungent and acidic.

The location on the Nile is ok, but there is nothing around the hotel that you can walk to (except the neighboring Nile City Mall). I would give this hotel a pass, and look at the Marriott instead.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rajeevfromca

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Best hotel in Cairo, on the Nile, very central. Stunning view from the roof-top swimming pool, with bar. Impressive, luxurious and very complete spa and gym. Great food and friendly staff. Nice room, well designed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
AdamSalem, Manager at Fairmont Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Mr. Fabian,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

We were privileged to have you with us and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team, which has greatly motivated them.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

OK, this had to be one of the best hotels I have every stayed in. The bathroom itself was bigger than most hotel rooms I have ever been in. Staff was amazing and attended to all of our needs. We were only there for one night, but it left an impact for sure and just what we needed after many days of traveling. Bed was super comfortable as well

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jgold10529

Dear Sir.

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. we will share your generous comments with the hotel team. It is a tremendous source of motivation for us.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Land of the Pharaohs.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I recently enjoyed a superb experience at the Fairmont Cairo. The hotel itself was exquisitely furnished and decorated, but the excellent staff made my visit truly memorable. From being greeted at the airport (and escorted through customs) to the warm farewell from the front desk, the staff truly went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. Cairo, despite its recent upheavals, is a spectacular and endlessly fascinating destination. The Fairmont Cairo is a fantastic base from which to explore this unforgettable metropolis.

Room Tip: Higher floors enjoy an even more stunning view of the Nile.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank StevePEK

Dear Mr Steve,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience at Fairmont Nile City Hotel.

Our philosophy is to ensure that every guest is treated as a VIP from the pre arrival… starting with our airport representative to all our staff who are dedicated to ensure our guests satisfaction from the moment of their arrival to Cairo and go the extra mile to exceed all our guests expectations and make their stay exceptional and unforgettable.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at Fairmont Nile City Hotel.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I went to the Fairmont Nile City recently and my experience at this exquisite hotel exceeded all my expectations. I was referred to this hotel by friends who traveled to Cairo regularly for business and they always raved about this hotel. Through their reviews, I had to experience the hotel myself and I was not disappointed. The service I experienced was exceptional and every possible need or want I could possibly desire was handled with the utmost care. The hotel and rooms were immaculately clean. With regards to the food, I can not even describe the quality and taste. I have been to several Michelin star restaurants across the globe and the restaurants at Nile City were among the best of them. Overall, I highly suggest the Fairmont Nile City to any traveler who has high standards and expect the best from their hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra to upgrade your room to experience the Nile view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
AdamSalem, Manager at Fairmont Nile City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Mr. Nick,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team, which have greatly motivated them.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I spent one night at the Fairmont Nile City in November, and it was phenomenal. The staff went above and beyond my expectations and they even went and got me milk for my baby. I stayed on Fairmont Gold, and the service was exquisite. The staff knew exactly what I needed and took care when serving my family and I. Even though the pool was cold, the atmosphere of the rooftop restaurant made up for it. The view was beautiful and at sunset was a gorgeous site. I would definitely recommend the Fairmont Nile City to all my friends and family, and I will return without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ms Shasha,

Greetings from Fairmont Nile City!

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we would like to thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Egypt and Fairmont Nile City.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

By far, the best Fairmont I have visited, and I have visited many Fairmonts. The staff were very kind and accepted me as if I was a resident of the hotel. It truly felt as if I was at home, but with excellent staff accompanying my needs. I felt very comfortable. This is a hotel that everybody should get to experience! A class management and staff. Great job! I'll definitely be returning!

• Stayed: December 2013