“recent stay at Fiarmont”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
London, United Kingdom
“recent stay at Fiarmont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had booked initially for four nights with my wife and kid. It's a luxurious hotel with all amenities. My first problem was upon check in I was asked for a marriage certificate, even though the staff could see i had a family and my wife's passport had my name mentioned in it. Absolutely uncalled for and hostile. i was offended and the check in staff upgraded me to a deluxe nile view room. I thought this was going to be a comfy stay. I was surprised further when our key cards were not working two were issued to us, on the first occasion we called the front desk from the floor phone next to the elevators and to our frustration after waiting for 30 minutes no one arrived to let us in. then i had to walk down to the lobby only to be further hassled by the staff asking for proof of ID?? are you serious i cannot carry all our passports on me even when i am going for break fast. so then he asked me other questions like DOB, email etc and re issued the same key card. I was furious but kept my calm. on the Second occasion i went out after breakfast with my family's passports to get some work done. minutes later when i was away i get a call from my wife who said the key card is not working and when she asked them to let her in they are asking for proof of ID. I spoke to the manager who was not willing to let her in and asked him to let her in to the room which i have fully paid for four nights including deposit for 3 days extra, some weird rule they have. I put the phone down got my work done and got back to the hotel, packed my stuff and left this property never to return and give my hard earned cash to city stars who well deserve it for outclass service for the next ten days. Officially Fairmont is off my list for good. These small customer touch points greatly shape or break your reputation, i cannot teach them these things, you cannot hassle your guest on every stupid little thing which adds up to a disaster later.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Abdul A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Riyad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

You will not find the comfort of a nuisance for this hotel workers
You must make sure the room rate when recording to match the price Booking
From the usual hotel that beats working at your door at any time and without any apparent reason

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice hotel and next evocation i will stay in fairmot nile city hotel. But i need member ship card to safe my points and have more special ofer and service. Good luck and go head to the best 10 hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Humoud6
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great experience
Good valu
You feel a five stars hotel's guest
Clean
A mall and cinema in first floor
Excellent location
Helpfully staff
That allow early check in
Converge staff very helpfull
Thanks

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

the service in this hotel is not as expected you need call to get small things like espresso this has be done to get extra money there is no short time parking and congestion exist in front of the hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fnaboulsi, General Manager at Fairmont Cairo, Nile City, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Mr. Ahmadi,

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest concern and apology for having failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback has been most valuable and we have addressed the issues with our respective departments. We will also integrate this in our training program so that it does not reoccur.

I also apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I, once again, thank you for your feedback. I sincerely hope that this visit will not mar your impression of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

service 1st class
room luxurous
nice and big gym
good location. corniche is one of the best places in cairo. ten min walks to tahrirr.

some rude arab male guests
water in the the pool not clean
only two restaurants. waiters' English in lebanese restaurant very pooooor

Room Tip: ask for nile view suit. Nile view rooms r on higher floors. Maybe golden floors
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lady-scarlet1985
Dear Madame,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

I thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have motivated them.

Your comments regarding the pool water being not clean and the Lebanese restaurant staff not speaking English well have been noted and corrective actions have been taken.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your home away from home.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at the Fairmont Nile City several times, and it is definitely my favorite hotel in Cairo! The staff is excellent, very well experienced and friendly. The outlets are a lot of fun, with the Saigon being my favorite, and the food is just scrumptious! The best sashimi I've ever had!
I personally love the interiors of the hotel as well, rooms included, it's very clean, sophisticated luxury. As I said, my favorite hotel in Cairo! Definitely recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ms. Hend,

Greetings from the Jewel on the Nile!

I thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Fairmont Nile City.