“A True Five Star Hotel on the Nile River”

Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Ranked #6 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fairmont Cairo Nile City Center for 3 nights in the middle of June. It is a stunning hotel with beautiful rooms, excellent service and great food. The rooftop pool area is something very special about this hotel. You can swim and relax there until very late at night.
The rooms are stylish and the beds are very comfortable. It seems that this hotel can do anything you want. I needed an Egyptian sim card for my phone and the concierge set me up with a new line and minutes. They also arranged my tour of the pyramids.The food was excellent, but I would just be a little careful if you choose to have breakfast in the hotel. There was confusion with the price when we ordered breakfast. We went to the front desk and they waived the price of our entire breakfast. Also, we had lunch in another restaurant in the hotel and they charged about $8- for a liter of Evian water.
Also, on the first night I heard loud, bass heavy music coming from the rooftop pool area late at night. It did not bother my wife and I, but I imagine it could bother someone on a floor closer to the source. They need to get rid of this nonsense right away. It does fit in this class of hotel. These were just minor issues.
The hotel is located on the Nile River, but you will need about 10-15 minutes by taxi to reach the main attractions. This is not really a big deal at all.
The GT manager Amr is very professional and friendly. He gave us an upgrade on our room, which had a full view of the NIle with a balcony. We highly recommend this hotel. This was the best hotel experience we have ever had. A five star experience. We wanted to stay longer. This is a true five star hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shoozeny
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Cairo, Nile City

Reviewed 24 June 2010

Fabulous Hotel on the Nile. They staff could not have made our stay any more enjoyable. Our room was spectacular, balcony overlooking the Nile. Clean, elegant, friendly. I would stay here again no question.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

It was an OK stay, the room is AMAZING. i wished never to leave but the only issue is with the service. poor breakfast and the team is not the best. they are not very helpful and smart. I asked for room temprature water 3 times and got once cold water and once boiled water!
for the same price you can get better service

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

on our second stay in Cairo we stayed in this hotel but i liked other hotels more where i stayed in egypt
i found it clean ,very quiet, the location was good,The staff was OK, i did not like the view from my room, the breakfast
,the rate was OK through local company called Ramses tours , it was a good value for what I paid.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I thought it was a great hotel...and stayed twice during my recent stay in Cairo...was really happy with the level of service, no mean feat as I can be quite difficult!

I was also in the hotel when the reviewer DanBell stayed when they closed the pool for a private party...while it was annoying having to go to another hotel to use the pool, it was only 200 metres down the street at the Conrad...actually a pretty good alternative plus we got a free upgrade in room to compensate for our inconvenience!

The one thing that did annoy me is the charge for wifi...top tip, try and join presidents club before arriving at the hotel and wifi is free! I realised this for my second trip.

Ciaran

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Absolutely perfect. The service is phenomenal, rooftop bar has excellent views of city, Nile and the Pyramids as well! The front desk is always eager to help you with everything, starting from calling acab, crossing the streets of cairo to making reservations. We had six month old with us, as other reviewers mentioned they took care of everything before hand.
I could recommend this hotel anymore, its no wonder that it is number 1.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I generally stay in 5-star hotels when I travel around the world. This one is probably one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. The private check-in for "gold" rooms on the 14th floor was great, and we were treated very well. We were presented with complimentary drinks while checking in, and we were walked to our room. Also, there was plenty of free bottled water in the room since you cannot drink the tap water.

The rooms themselves are very, very nice, and have some really neat technology (e.g., you just have to wave your key by the door, rather than sticking it into a slot). The Gold lounge was very nice, and the breakfast they provided was more than enough.

We also set up a tour of the pyramids, the Egypt museum, and the light & sound show through the concierge. Everything was great, on-time and exactly what we asked for. There was one blip where I had to pay for tickets to get into the sound and light show that were supposed to be included with the fee we paid to the hotel. Though, upon hearing of this, the concierge immediately refunded my money without me even having to ask. This is the way service should be.

One little thing that I found funny, though, was the safe. The hotel provded an in-room safe, but it didn't attach it to the wall. So, as you can see in the pictures, I was able to take the safe out of the closet and walk around with it...

• Stayed: April 2010