“Great value and service”
Review of Havana Hotel

Havana Hotel
Ranked #51 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I only had one problem - I mistakenly provided the wrong landing time - and the driver did not confirm my flight number, so no-one was waiting for me (the driver was there, just an hour later).

But apart from that, the staff were very accommodating - I had a room by 09:00AM (I was leaving the same evening - so this made a huge difference), and breakfast was included.

The breakfast was great, the room was comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was great having an affordable place to return to for a rest and a shower.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Havana Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here at the beginning of a tour. I found the check in staff helpful, location great, good prices in the bar and the room was comfortable. I was very impressed with the size of the bathroom and the massive shower!
After I checked out I accidentally left all my wash things in the bathroom but these were kindly returned to me when I returned to collect my bags.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2012

You get what you pay, good location in nice area of the city

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed one night there in my visit to Cairo, small hotel but quite big in what you get of its service and quality, clean tidy rooms, A/C, LCD TVs, fridge, rooms are noise isolated so even the hotel is in a busy noisy shopping area you still can have a good sleep, staff are more than friendly and the manager is always around, also nice bar they have there where you can enjoy your drink in a soft lights hall, having all this for $ 35/night for a single bed room makes this hotel to me more than a 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you want comfortable accommodation, great customer service, great location at a great price Havana is the place. The staff are excellent, very friendly and can help you organise anything you wish to see and do throughout Egypt. The atmosphere is excellent and extremely welcoming. Its a great base to start and finish your Egyptian adventures. With pick-up and drop off services to the airport, train and bus stations. Would highly recommend anyone coming into Cairo to check out the Havana Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was very satisfied with my stay in Havana and the service level that all staff members delivered at every moment. After been working several years in tourism and hotel business in Egypt in Red Sea resorts, I can promise that not many of the hotels in Egypt touristic resorts can reach Havana´s very altruistic atmosphere and nice service standard, or the good and welcoming mood that I experienced from Havana Hotel´s staff.

Sadly I missed the breakfast both mornings, as I was sleeping too late. ;) Thanks to Havana´s staff, they were on top of the situation and I didn´t miss my dep flight.

Clean bedroom and bathroom (got upgraded free of charge), friendly staff with proactive and comprehensive way of service, good location in the middle of Mohandessin cozy and lively streets, simply no complaints. However I didn´t seek for seaview or garden view - those are not the point when choosing this hotel. I will give my full recommendations to the people who I know is looking for accommodation in central Cairo. Short walking to good cloth and shoe shopping, restaurants and cafes. :) Price is not the cheapest, but was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for a night, and I think that it is a great hotel, the quality and the service were very good. I would come back at this place. I'll recomend to all my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo