“Great stay.”
Review of Havana Hotel

Havana Hotel
Ranked #50 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights. They picked us up from the airport and the driver was friendly and navigated us through the unique driving experience that is Cairo traffic. Room was very big, clean and a little on the basic side. Staff were friendly. The metro supermarket a few doors down is very handy for getting water+snacks at cheap prices. The street is quite safe and you can walk around with no hassle. There's a great kebab place about 300 metres down the street when you turn right coming ouf of the hotel, you can't miss it.

Breakfast was quite basic but no real complaints. Would recommend this hotel for a short stay in Cairo as a base to explore the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DublinPD

Reviewed 24 July 2012

To be honest, Its a good hotel and I liked it so much and I am thinking whenever I am in Cairo I will book that hotel when i am visiting, the rooms are so clean and organized and the breakfast is good and hot and the staff are helpful and the reception staff are so amazing, they are helping the guests by anyway and caring about them, i stayed there more than two weeks and I really like this hotel and I like it especially its in a very good area you can go anywhere easily.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JosephYacoub
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The room was spacious, clean, and very nicely furnitured. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Moudy Y
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Where to begin? First of all, I was hesitant to book this hotel online when I saw that the ministry of tourism and other websites issued this hotel 3 stars. But I was pretty desperate, I needed an affordable room for 18 nights. So I took a chance and booked it! When I arrived I was shocked and amazed. The hotel is located in a very nice part of Cairo. One of the most cleanest and safest area in Cairo (in my opinion). It is very scenic and very easy to go anywhere in Cairo by taxi. Online I booked a King bed for me and my huband, but when I arrived I was given two twin beds. I immediately called the reception and they changed my room with no problem. The 2nd room was what I requested, however the bed was so firm that there was no way I could sleep on it for 18 nights. Once again I called the reception, and they switched me to a 3rd room. The bed was much more comfortable and everything was good from that point. Each day I ate at the breakfast buffet which was included in my stay. The food quality was good and the temperature of the food was hott. The food selection did not change at all, but overall the food was edible and quality was maintaned during my stay. The housekeeping came to clean the room every day. They are very effecient and are willing to help by anyway (even if you dont tip them)! On the 7th night I was extremely hungry and it was too late to order room service. The reception had asked the bellman to go outside and buy me a sandwhich to eat from a local restaurant that was open. That by far, puts there service over the top. They went way out of there way to make sure that my stay was 100% pleasant. During the remainder of my stay they did numerous of things which made my stay fabulous. I definetly know with-out hesitation where I will stay when I return to Cairo. Here are some points which I have listed (both) positive and negative which had a very important impact on my decision to want to return to Havana Hotel Cairo.

Positive: Service is beyond exceptional, the breakfast buffet was decent, free wi-fi is blazing fast, the water pressure and temperature is by far the best I have seen is egypt, the bed was fair, and the a/c was marvelous in 95 degree weather.

Negative: Honest to God, there is not one thing negative that I could think of in regards to this hotel.

My experience was postively wonderful. Thank-you all for your hardwork and dedication to meeting my needs. Best of luck in your business's future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChristinaM31571
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed there for two weeks.. the crew were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and the staff were regularly checking on me to see if i need to clean it up. to sum up, if i ever visited Cairo again I know where would I be staying.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AymanSoftware
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here for a few days at the end of my trip and was very comfortable.
Staff are friendly and nice and the hotel and room was very clean and well maintained. The location is great in a nice trendy part of town with good restaurants and cafes close by (Chicken Shawamera at Abu Amaa, just down the road to the right, is delicious) but no metro close so taxis everywhere, but they are cheap.
Only problem was that I booked online and paid extra for a double bedded room (one bed) as I had been sleeping in single beds all over Egypt and want to stretch out but was given a twin room (two singles) and could not change as the hotel was full. No refund offered for the difference but the room was still comfortable.
The cost of the room in general is a bit high but had breakfast included (which was alright) and a free airport pickup which was nice. Will be back to this hotel but just wish it was a little cheaper for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I only had one problem - I mistakenly provided the wrong landing time - and the driver did not confirm my flight number, so no-one was waiting for me (the driver was there, just an hour later).

But apart from that, the staff were very accommodating - I had a room by 09:00AM (I was leaving the same evening - so this made a huge difference), and breakfast was included.

The breakfast was great, the room was comfortable and the staff were friendly. It was great having an affordable place to return to for a rest and a shower.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo