“Stay with Comfort in a slim budget :)”
Review of Havana Hotel

Havana Hotel
Ranked #49 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Oslo, Norway
“Stay with Comfort in a slim budget :)”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Havana Hotel is a very comfortable and clean hotel. Though they do not have swimming pool ,their fascilities are quite good. their location is also very nice. surrounded by many shops,malls,pharmacies and reastaurants. one problem which can be faced by aged ppl is,they do not have elevator. Their staffs are very friendly and helpful. the reception boys are particularly very good. their package deals are also great, but their luxor agent was not as satisfying as they are.. check out the 'la paire' pastry shop and 'chopstick' chinese reastaurant just opposite to the hotel. the guide they arranged for us was really good !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
Dhaka
Reviewed 25 September 2009

It's a very comfortable hotel to stay. The staff are extremely helpful & will do everything to make sure your stay is enjoyable. The location is also excellent. If I go to Cairo again, I'll certainly stay in Havana hotel.

• Stayed September 2009
melbourne, australia
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The hotel itself was fine. Staff very friendly and room was ok for Cairo standards. Free wifi, tv and good fridge in room, air con and thats about it. I just found it too far away from the city. I needed to catch cabs everywhere, which started to add up in cost after a few days. I suppose the area, Mohandiseen, is quieter than the city, but my room was on the street so it was a little noisy. The hotel is fine (although I wouldn't recommend the restaurant attached), my main problem was having to catch cabs everywhere. Oh, and the hotel only provided me with a really crappy map, so bring your own if you can, or buy one from someplace.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Good little hotel. The room was ok for the price. Really close to Giza but far from else where. No night life in the area. The staff and management were very helpful. If the room was better I would stay here the next time. Main gripe is with the towels. After a day battling with the sun and sand, I didn't want to fight the same battle with the towel while wiping my body and face. The towels were thin and course. Never got a chance to test out that famous Egyptian Cotton.

Recommend for budget traveler looking for a place to crash for a long day.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank elnooch
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Well, first of all, we booked our room by internet. We were 4 people, so we asked for a family room. 3 days later, I got an email from the Hotel Manager confirming our reservation and offering us some trips and excursions for our stay. We discussed the proposal and finally decided to go for it. It was a good price for the four of us, and we also had the chance to reorder the activities or to add some more.

So, we got to Cairo and at the arrival hall of the airport stood one guy from the hotel with our offered airport transfer. After some one hour later due to the traffic, we arrived to the hotel. We were received by Raymond, one of the receptionist. He was extremely nice and kind to us. We got a welcome drink and went straight to see the room. Spacious, clean, comfortable and nice shower. I could expect more!!! Breakfast is included and also the hotel has a small Cigar bar where you can try the Narguile pipe with your friends. We had WIFI internet access in our room which was nice too.

The excursions were very nice too. We got a mini van for just the four of us and we always had a tourist guide.

The hotel is in a good area, surrounded by lots of shops, restaurants, and a small supermarket. Definitely It's totally recommended if it's your first time in Cairo.

Thank you Osama and Raymond for all your help!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Although we only spent one night at the hotel we were collected FREE of charge from the airport. The triple room was large, clean and efficiently airconditioned, a major requirement in 49 degrees heat! As we only had one full day to spend in Cairo we asked at reception that a guide be arranged for us to show us the sights. Our guide, Ali Radi, was extremely knowledgable and completely indefatigable. It cost us a mere 400 Egyptian pounds for a full eight hour tour for three people of the Giza Pyramids, the Sakkara Pyramids (a fair distance from Cairo), the Citadel AND Old Cairo. This included an airconditioned mini bus for all our luggage which came with us as we were dropped off at 5 pm directly at the airport and a driver. I think that there was some intention of taking us to a perfume or papyrus factory which is a good source of additional commission for guides but we were firm from the outset that we had no interest in either of these activities and it was a non issue. We also were lucky enough to have a fabulous guide at the Egyptian Museum on the previous day for 210 Egyptian Pounds for three hours. He was treated with great respect by museum staff and is apparently something of an institution there, having been on their staff for some time in an academic position. His name is Heiba Ali Heiba. I have contact details for both guides and if you write to me on lynda7@telkomsa.net I will be happy to communicate them to anyone interested. The only small negative was that the bell boy tried to extract extra money inappropriately by interfering in our plans but a complaint to reception rectified that immediately.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank scubafan09
Alberta
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We stayed (Triple bedroom)in total 6 nights. When got back to the hotel from the hot desert we were served nice cold drinks without asking for it by the front desk, when George saw how tired we were. The guide Emad and driver Magdry were great ! We bought some Papyrus from the Papyrus Museum but when we returned to Canada we found that by error one of them was missing. When I contact the hotel, Mr. Osama Azmi took the trouble to talk to the Papyrus Muesum about it and and mail the missing Papyrus to us which I think was service above and beyond what was necessary. So what I can say is, that Havana Hotel was able to look after me even after I had left Cairo.
At a time when much is said about how the hawkers and vendors in the streets and at tourists sites, tries to take as much Eqyptian pounds from you as possible, the same must be said for ordinary Eqyptians who are friendly, hospitable, honorable and trustworthy !
The only down side is that their Credit machine doesn't seem to work at all. However there's all kinds of ATM near by. Comapratively the internet service is more expensive that whats available in Cairo.
I strongly recommend Havana Hotel for your stay.
[--]