Havana Hotel Cairo
US$296
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$153
US$129
US$126
US$100
US$96
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
US$171
LeMeridien.com
US$108
Radisson Blu
US$177
US$116
  • Pool
All reviewswould stay here againprovided freemoney exchangetaxiairport
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Stayed with my family at Havana last April. They provide a free pickup at the Cairo airport on arrival. When you leave, you have to pay for this service. Very basic amentities. Old fridges, furniture, not very clean shower, and very few food choices for breakfast. The location is not great either. The staff is not very helpful and co-operative. You need a 15-20-min. taxi ride to get to the center of Cairo. Next time I will try a different Cairo hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
osama_azmi, General Manager at Havana Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

havana thanks this guest for his notice and he needs to know that we are in the most business shopping area,full of resturants,coffees , banks and markets with brand names
our stuff is very friendy and co-operatve you can read the rest of reviews and more than 23 review give us an excellent grade and the guest says that the bathroom is not VERY clean so it clean ,we did not get any other complain that our furniture is old....any way we will care and put his notice in mind

Reviewed 14 November 2010

we really liked the Havana hotel - they offered us a free pickup from the airport which was great - wasn't sure about the location at first but once we'd settled in, really liked it - it's in a neighbourhood with plenty of shops, restaurants etc all within walking distance, and easy to get a taxi wherever you need to go. the room was big and cleaned every day to a good standard - nice hot showers - breakfast was fine, bit samey but wasn't a problem! would definitely recommend to friends going to Cairo - lovely place for the price

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I travelled to Egypt from 15th to 26th September 2010 with my family.

The hotel was clean with basic amenities in place....don't expect anything fancy here. The linen and towels were changed daily. We had some issues with the cleaning of the washrooms but that was sorted to our satisfaction.

We got our tours done from here...

One big TIP here - During the tours, the guide might insist on eating in a place that serves buffet........these buffet lunches charge a lot and don't mean much....so you can stick to Mac Donald's and KFC.....they are safe, both money and hygiene wise.

You can buy water and drinks, some dry snacks to store in the room from Metro departmental store which is two minutes walk on the left as you leave the hotel.

I must mention that Mr. Mohammad Fathy, the manager in Havana Hotel was a great help....very enterprising!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2010

The Hotel was very nice and cozy. The people there very friendly and helpful and they speak English !!

Room always clean. Toilet facilities good. Hot water round the clock. A/C available.

I really enjoyed my stay there. If ever I go to Cairo...I will definitely stay there.
Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My company sent me to Tel Aviv on business, and I felt if I was here in the Middle East anyway, I had to visit Egypt. As a woman alone, I was concerned as to how I would fare. Through Trip Advisor (and recognizing the name of a guide already known to a friend) I picked the Havana Hotel. It is on the Giza side of the Nile, so across the river from the downtown core, but as cabs are inexpensive, that doesn't matter so much. It is unlikely that as newcomers you would be doing much wandering on the streets alone anyway.

The hotel facilites themselves are just adequate, but okay.. Make sure to ask for a room in the back, as otherwise you hear all the noise from the traffic. Breakfast is passable (though how I wish hotels, etc. would stop serving Instant Coffee everywhere!), but a TV is always on there with loud music/commercials playing, so one does not tend to linger. Don't bother eating dinner there - go to one of the larger hotels for that.

What was truly outstanding for me - as a single woman - were the people the hotel use for transportation and for tours. The hotels driver pick you up from the airport for free, just call to make the arrangement. Bassem was my driver and while I was here I saw quite a bit of him: he was very reliable AND a good source of information about Cairo and Egypt. The hotel also offers a number of packages - in retrospect, I'd avoid the Light Show at the Pyramids, and the dinner cruise, but the tour of the Pyramids and Saqqara, as lead by Michel, was excellent. Michel was also a font of information about all things Egyptian.

If you ARE a woman travelling alone, keep in mind that walking on the street by yourself is problematic. Very few Egyptian women seem to be on the street, it is almost all men, and even if you are 'modestly attired', you will stand out as a non-Egyptian. This is why I was so pleased with the quality of people provided by the Havana.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo