“A friendly budget hotel in Central Cairo”
Review of Invitation Hotel

Invitation Hotel
Ranked #80 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I stayed in Cairo for a week at this hotel and I was amazed by such a good value the Invitation Hotel has. For being $26 a day and being centrally located in Cairo, you certainly can't complain. The rooms were very fairly comfy. And they also were equipped with a t.v, a shower/bathroom, and a good view of the Cairo Tower/Zamalek area. The only downside i can think of is all that traffic noise because of merging highway outside the hotel.

If anyone is looking for a decent place in the heart of Cairo on a budget, then this is absolutely the place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank RobL2

Reviewed 19 May 2009

1.the hotel is not as new as in the picture , and it's not that clean
2.there are FIVE FLY in my room, and they killed them after i complained
3. they offered a tour to the pyramid area with 35 USD, but in there they ask me to pay for the riding with 200 pounds...
4.there is NO wireless in the room (605), but before i pay they told me there is wireless in that room
5. i asked a taxi to the airport, they took me 70 pounds and throw me in the wrong place.
6. there is a beautiful girl in the front desk

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank voldenoit
Reviewed 19 May 2009

It was a friendly hotel and good value, very closed to the metro and the center of the city. My room was very spacious with very good views of Cairo. Breakfast was sort of OK if you are on a diet!
It was a good value hotel and to me it had what I look for in a hotel: great location and very quite rooms, the noise came from the traffic outside and not from the residents. I enjoyed my 10 days there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank yolandagn
Reviewed 27 February 2009

The Invitation Hotel is excellent value for money for budget travellers. Recognize it for what it is - budget accommodation in the middle of a large city. The rooms are basic but clean, and there is enough public space in the lounge and eating area to relax. Most importantly, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I stayed there with my wife and 4 daughters (age range from 14 to 1) and found that even if the hotel itself was not set up for children, the staff themselves were all child friendly and enjoyed the presence of the children. The location near the Egyptian Museum and Nile River is good for tourist exploring, and the staff willingly helped with arranging guides and drivers.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeretfortis
Reviewed 15 December 2008

My room was spacious and brightly decorated. There is internet access in the cheerful lounge area. The staff were wonderful, friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located within 5-7 mins walk from the Egyptian Museum which makes it an ideal base for exploring Cairo.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank drfeelgood17
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Price is about 23US per night...great deal in my oponion. Excellent Staff!!....Mohammed welcomed me and made me feel right at home with a welcome cup of tea. From the front desk to the taxi drivers they will arrange for you, they treat you like family. I stayed in a room right next to the front desk - spacious room, cable tv, shower had good water pressure, hot water, which lasts long enough, but not too long, maybe about 7-10 minutes, so don't take too long in the shower.
Let Muhammed set up a driver for you for the day to take you to the pyramids, coptic cairo, some of the mosques, the museum, market, and Nile boat cruise. Most of the drivers speak very good English and are very happy to talk and share stories about Egypt, espically Ruby.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank mpc1014
Reviewed 23 October 2008

After reading reviews here and other sites about the Invitation Hotel I deceided to book a room there for my trip to Cairo.I wanted to be close to the Egyptian Museum but wanted a hotel where there would be more local flavor. This hotel had too much local flavor.
First the outward appearance of the building in which the hotel is located is very rough. Once entering the building it doesn't get any better. Very old, outdated and small elevator. Once getting off the elevator on the Fourth floor the reception area was ok and the lady who took care of us was very nice. But like the previous reviewer we were sent two floors up for our room and when we got off the elevator there was a sign that said" Welcome to the X Hotel". I dont remember the name but it wasnt the Invitation Hotel.
They took us to the room and and it was very substandard. BUt the deal breaker was that there was two floor to ceiling windows in the room I thought they were both covered by curtains. One of the windows appeared to be open. when I tried to close it it was actually two sliding type doors with only one pane of glass door to share between them so that when you closed one it opened the other! I told them that this was unacceptable to which they didn't really disagree. We left and went to the Nile Hilton. WHich was nice, but very western and with western prices.

• Stayed: October 2008