“Authentic and good value”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
Ranked #69 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Authentic and good value”
Reviewed 4 March 2008

Wasn't expecting a lot when I booked this but was travelling with a group of women and wanted to get a feel of the street life of Cairo.
Have to say the Hotel exceeded my expectations. It was spacious and thoroughly clean even if it was a little worn around the edges.
The staff tried hard and noted when their female visitors were back. Made us feel very safe.
Situated at the bottom of tarb Halat street, it is so easy to walk around and the taxis are plentiful.
It is downtown in the middle of a populated area which is obviously muslim. We felt 100% safe and the people were very friendly and helpful.
We certainly felt that we got to see the real Cairo rather than the americanised westernised version!

• Liked — Cleanliness, ease of getting around.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LincolnBest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Singapore
Reviewed 2 March 2007

The room that I booked at Hussein Hotel was terrible so I had to look for another hotel. I chanced upon this hotel while walking around town and asked whether I could take a look at one of the rooms. The room was spacious and the bathroom looked newly renovated. It costs USD40 per night so I decided to go ahead with it. The bed was comfortable. There was a cupboard and fridge in the room. Sheets and towels were clean. From what I have heard, the brand name hotels are of low standards, so I suppose what I got here was good value. The staff good speak English. This hotel is rated three star and I think it is a fair rating by international standards. I am likely to stay here if I visit Cairo again, subject to viewing of the room beforehand.

Stayed February 2006