“Great for a quick stopover”

Fairmont Towers Heliopolis
Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great for a quick stopover”
Reviewed 27 January 2009

This place is beautiful. Everyone says 5 star is not really 5 star in Egypt, but it's not the case here. Everything is brand new and ultra-modern. It was about a 5 minute drive from the airport, so perfect for that. However I would never want to stay here if visiting Cairo is on my agenda. It's just too far away from the city.
I booked a transfer thru the conceirge, and it was the best $30 I ever spent. I never do this, but my international flight was delayed and I didn't want the hassles in haggling with a taxi at that late hour, (I was alone). The man whisked me through immigration and customs so fast I barely even saw them. I was in the car and on my way while most people from my flight were still standing in line.

I was checked in very quickly. The room was downright posh. I booked the cheapest city-view room but they upgraded me to an "Atrium View". It looked out to the lobby and hated it. I couldn't look out my window or the guards in the lobby would stare back at me. Very creepy!

One annoyance: I was whisked thru the airport the night before and forgot to stop at the ATM, so had only dollars. The front desk refused to exchange even a small amount for me to take a $4 taxi ride back to the airport and my flight to Sharm. They told me no way would the driver take my American money and I would have to book the hotel limo thru them. I took the taxi anyway, and the driver was only to happy with my money. And I heard later (from these reviews), there is a bank in the hotel!!! I won't take a star away for the behavior of one front desk person.

Here's a great tip: If you sign up for the Fairmont points program before you go, they'll give you free internet. I think it costs like 30 bucks otherwise.

• Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank chavalaSantaFe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Travellers also viewed these Cairo hotels
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
InterContinental Citystars Cairo
Fairmont Cairo, Nile City
Fairmont Heliopolis
Fairmont Heliopolis
#15 of 137 in Cairo
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Been to Fairmont Towers Heliopolis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

Property: Fairmont Towers Heliopolis
Address: El Shaheed Sayed Zakaria Street | Horreya, Heliopolis, Cairo 2480, Egypt
Region: Egypt > Cairo Governorate > Cairo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
#8 Business Hotel in Cairo
#9 Luxury Hotel in Cairo
#15 Romantic Hotel in Cairo
#21 Family Hotel in Cairo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:5 star — Fairmont Towers Heliopolis 5*
At the heart of Cairo’s diplomatic and presidential neighborhood, few minutes away from Cairo International Airport elegantly stands the Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis, a luxury Cairo, Egypt hotel.The design of Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt hotel comprises a unique mix of contemporary art and authentic décor that echoes modern Cairo along with the distinct Egyptian heritage. From the unequalled spacious guest rooms to the state-of-the-art conference facilities, from the water passages across diverse array of restaurants’With 835 guest rooms and suites providing the most lavish Cairo, Egypt accommodation, 15 superlative dining choices, 69 thousand square feet of Cairo banquet space, unrivalled range of guest services and recreational facilities that incorporate squash, tennis, and beach-volley courts, fully-equipped health club, 3 swimming pools, kids pool and play ground, beauty salon, and convenient shopping choices, Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis portray a destination on its own. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Towers Heliopolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairmont Towers Heliopolis Hotel Cairo