“very attractive stay in heart of cairo”

Holiday Inn - Citystars
Ranked #17 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
“very attractive stay in heart of cairo”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

it was a Pre-Ramadan vacation
they did me an upgrade for deluxe room for half the price , it was very kind from the front disc operator.
the view of the hotel is not that waaw as it is only city view but it is along side of citystars mall phase2 which was easy to us to there easily

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Nazaryia,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt the genuine hospitality that our colleagues carry in their hearts for our valued guests like yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mohamed B. Ibrahim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New Delhi
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The real side to explore in Cairo is towards old Cairo, downtown and Nile - this Holiday Inn is good if you have business in the area around, or prefer to roam around in a mall.

Avoid the single occupancy rooms if you have issues with smaller rooms, they are way too small.

Everything in this hotel is viewed from a commercial angle, hospitality takes a back seat for most issues.

A few gems in the staff make it worthwhile (Islam and Ahmed at front desk), otherwise I blame the training for asking for money before extending hospitality for any request.

for eg., my package included a free pick up and drop from airport, which is not at a great distance. because I was overstaying I asked them instead of a drop to the airport for me, can they arrange for airport pick up for my wife (for who I was paying extra 30dollars for the stay with me in the already booked room) - they agreed (considering they have shuttle service almost every two hours from the airport) but on the day of her arrival when I reconfirmed they denied, when I told them about the person at concierge who had agreed, they tried to contact him and on no answer they told me it would be paid for 100 EGP. I denied only because of the false promise they made, I instead paid the same amount to an individual car service person.

wifi works good, but in the room I was given (overlooking mall entrance) it only had wifi service in one area, which was a bother.

swimming pool is very small, so if you enjoy a great swim after a hectic day - forget it - cause apart from it being small they shut the pool for chemical cleaning at 6.30.

the hotel being next to a huge mall where you can step out for some great food. The servers at the Indian restaurant of the hotel were great, polite and willing to help.
The hotel staff should learn a thing or two about hospitality from them.

Room Tip: avoid single rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Premiervarun,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We highly appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We would like to emphasize that we have no regular shuttling from the airport neither we do have standard rooms overlooking the mall entrance and so I would like to further discuss these issues in person so please send us your personal contact details to info.hicitystars@ihg.com and I will personally contact you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business.

The staff were fine but service was never very fast.

The rooms were clean and a reasonable size.

There is free wifi, which is great but when you check out you get kicked off the wifi which isn't great if you're working in the lobby.

Breakfast is OK. The selection needs significant improvement.

The bar is good but the food they serve is questionable.

I will go back for business but not on any personal trips.

Stayed July 2014
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Rosierow78,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am sorry our breakfast was not up to your expectation. I assure you that it is only through our valuable guests' comments that we can improve.

Please rest assured that we will look into your points and we look forward to welcoming you back for another opportunity to improve.

Glasgow
Reviewed 30 June 2014

great location as its next door to the city stars shopping centre. My office was also a 3 min walk.

Shame about the service from the staff. I found the lady to be very rude and this left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Room was clean and good size. good wifi signal in my room...which is what i needed as i was there for business.

i would stay again, but i wouldnt allow the lady who was rude to serve me next time

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Y25,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from one of our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Very nice hotel and service.
Special thanks to mr. Alaa FB manager, captain Hany and captain Mohammed Riaad, he is very energitic and dedicated to his work in gym and on the pool.
The gym is very nice and clean and well equipped
People are very nice and helpfull and cheerfull
I encourage you visit this hotel at least once
Brgds,
Walid Sabry

• Stayed May 2014
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Walid S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

We highly appreciate your recommendation for others to visit our Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

It's great place to stay in for a night or two, I always go there because my kids love CityStars so I'm comfortable to stay in my room and let my 11 years and 12 years go shopping, dine or even go to the Cinema in the adjoint MEGA mall of CityStars, 20 minutes drive to the Airport, Traffic is crazy in the hotel area so plan accordingly, the staff were really friendly, however check-in process could be a little faster, they were selling some upgrade lounge package that I end up buying and didn't really use because I wasn't aware that the free drinks is only Till 11PM. other than than everything was fine, we had a power outage once, the hotel generator kicked in and helped the AC and some lighting to stay on.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is really nice for not too much more than a double room price.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mo_Elesseily,

Thank you very much for sharing you experience at Holiday Inn.

We are delighted to learn that you liked our room and found that our up-selling is a good value for money, and please rest assured that your comments are being studied as it is only through our loyal guests' comments that we can improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for a week in a single room 915, the hotel is attached to City Stars mall (Biggest Mall in Egypt).
The room is kinda small (like most of holiday inn chain) which is suitable for single person, clean and the beds are comfort.
The Gym is old and need to be renewed.
The pool is kinda small and surrounded with two high buildings so make sure you are in the right time to catch it sunny.
The breakfast is poor and nothing changed during my 7 days stay (the same dishes every day).
The staff is friendly specially Hend from reception, she is always smiling, very helpful and helped me in every single issue, i would like to thank her for making my stay comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ahmed F,

Thank you very much for the time you took to share your experience at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our colleagues helpful, please rest assured that all your comments are put into consideration as it is only through our loyal guests' comments that we can improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.