“Average”

Holiday Inn - Citystars
Ranked #17 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
“Average”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Was an Average experience! With Very slow help-desk services..however room was convenient for quick business trips! Also its closiness to citystar mall was a major plus..i didnt try the food there hence I cant judge on the food!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Yamin R,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry if our services were not up to your expectations. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We highly appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Mohamed B. Ibrahim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Laoag, Philippines
Reviewed 29 August 2014

we stayed here at the 13-14 August for some business in Cairo.
the check in was anything than smooth, long waiting due the unprofessionalism of the reception staff Samy, poor English, no smile, no eye contact, unfriendly to my wife as she booked the room, I interfered than he improved a bit, but the damage was done (first impression), we stayed in many hotel but never had to wait 45 minutes at the counter to finalise the check in.

The room was small, tinny next to the service room, ice machines etc, but clean great, not what you expect when you are a loyalty club member, anyway.....
the bed was not done nice see picture
Breakfast the next morning, a good of food, waiter service was ok after he found us between all the manager that where standing around, doing nothing, apart from helping themselves to breakfast 1 after the others and eating in the back area, Just before we finished our breakfast one of the "manager" came around to asked if everything is fine, you can imagine my feedback....

Next time we will stay somewhere as service has declined over the last few month and years we have visited this hotel.

Pity for hotel as it has a good Indian Restaurant, but that you can visit from the shopping mall too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Foodie226
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Foodie226,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received during your stay. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We highly appreciate the feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Should you prefer to further discuss these issues in person so please send us your personal contact details to info.hicitystars@ihg.com and I we will be happy to contact you.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have been staying at holiday inn for the past 4 years, with an average experience that was overall good. However, I have to say, this time was the worse i have experienced at Holiday Inn and probably in all Hotels i ever stayed in.

The staff were not hospitable what so ever, they actually seemed very sad for some reason. No one greets you when you just arrive nor has a smile on their faces. Not to mention that the service was mediocre. One staff member tells my wife that she has to tip a lot or else they take it personally (what is this? begging?). The thing that disappointed us the most was that for the first time in our life, we were robbed in a hotel. While changing rooms, someone picked my wife's Iphone while she was not looking (probably a staff that wasn't tipped). The duty manager's were not helpful and just gave me a song and dance that was not acceptable at all (claiming that it wasn't their staff). They all and should be audited, along with their GM, who is always not there and does not accept any interaction with guest, even in serious situations like this one. This is what Mr. Taha, the front office manager told us "If you want to speak to him, send him an email". Holiday Inn should not accept such people working for them as they tarnish their brand. Unfortunately, this is no longer the Holiday Inn i am used too visiting and will never stay there again. My advise is to look somewhere else, until they get their act together.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarek S
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Tarek S,

Thank you so much for your review and for being a loyal guest to our Hotel over the past few years. I am deeply sorry for the bad experience you had during your recent stay. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is quite concerning to me and I would like to further discuss it for more clarification.

Please drop me a line on my personal email, mohamed.ibrahim@ihg.com, with your personal contact details and I will personally contact you as soon as I can.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have stayed in several Holiday Inn in europe and in the united states , where I have stayed in the USA in several locations as Holiday Inn Somerset Woodbridge , Holiday Inn Fortlee George Washington Bridge and Holiday Inn Parsipany , and other holiday Inn locations in the united states whom I do not remember all of which are incomparable with the 5 stars Holiday Inn Citystars as all other locations in USA was a 3 stars hotel serving food completely different than the one served in Holiday Inn city stars . further more the only 5 stars holiday Inn that I have stayed at in europe was Holiday Inn Sofia Bulgaria which is incomparable with Holiday Inn citystars as well and the food served is incomparable as well
In addition the front desk staff are very decent and friendly where their first concern is the guest
satisfaction which is an indication of competent front desk manager and competent Assist. front desk manager as well and and the guest relations staff with whom I had a short conversation are very knowledgeable and fully aware of the IHG rewards program which is an indication of competent guest relation manager who had taught them . I think that the hotel general manger and his deputy exerted a great effort for selecting the front desk manager , the Assistant front desk manager and the guest relation manager by whom all the front desk staff and the guest relations staff are responsible. The breakfast buffet is very rich which exceeds any other buffet in other 5 stars hotels chains as Hilton and Sheraton . I had never found such food quality in any other Holiday Inn I had stayed in. I highly recommend this hotel for all visitors more than any other hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear SingerHS,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt the hospitality each of our employees carry in his heart; it is always through our loyal guests' comments that we can ameliorate our services.

We highly appreciate your encouraging comments and for recommending our hotel for other to experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel in the near future.

Dina Khalil
PA to General Manager
Bruxelles, Belgique
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arranged airport pick up. Easy check in. Friendly staff. Nice sitting area outside the bar but a bit noisy. Comfortable bedrooms. Good breakfast. Excellent Indian restaurant downstairs. Nice pool area but bbq restaurant opens a bit late...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear SDSEJ,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

It is always rewarding for the whole team at the Hotel to see such encouraging comments and help us further extend genuine hospitality our valued guests deserve.

We do appreciate your promise of coming back and are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I returned to Holiday Inn because I had a great experience last time. the staff was good as usual, friendly and very alert inspite of some of them fasting for Ramadan. Overall great experience, excellent food, amazing sheesha at the cafe. The morning breakfast was good although the music was just too loud for early morning. I faced only 1 problem. I misplaced the print out of my air ticket and hence asked the hotel to give me a one page print out. I was surprised to know that they charge outrageous costs for a simple print out. Most hotels print out a ticket for free but Holiday Inn charges around 6 EGP for 1 page in black and white and 25 EGP for colour which I thought is exorbitant. I asked for black and white print out but the concierge gave me colour print out and then charged me 25EGP for it. He did not give me a receipt for such a high charge. I had to wait almost 20 minutes to get a receipt and after repeated reminders to get the receipt I was told that the receipt book is not there hence the print out is complimentary. The money was returned to me. I think such a high cost for a simple print out is simply unjustified and uncalled for. Hope this cost is reconsidered. Otherwise I love this hotel and will definately return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear edwin c,

Thank you very much for the time you took to share your experience at Holiday Inn Cairo Citystars.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our colleagues helpful, please rest assured that all your comments are put into consideration as it is only through our loyal guests' comments that we can improve our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I don't know how this hotel could be considered a five star hotel in terms of how to serve, starting from the poor points service which to be added only to the person whose name is the first in the reservation, moving forward to having Sohour in pool area in which people are picking whose to stay in the waiting area for am empty table noting that there were already 2 guests who left a table and offered me to stay there, but someone came with a fake excuse that this table is now served for another people, although it was clearly free, and finally when I decided to have Sohour in the other restaurant in the hotel, where all food was cold, nevertheless but also I asked for a fried egg plate, when the chef told me to move to my table and he will send it to me, and after waiting for more than 20 minutes, nothing was done, and when I tried to draw waiter's attention he told me that he will check, when he came back with empty hands I asked him to cancel it, and he hadn't even tried to help, there was no knife in the cover to eat with, there were no towels to avoid stains, SIMPLY SERVICE WAS AWFUL. ..., this stay was for business need which will last for one more night, but I don't recommend to stay in such a place with poor service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MOHAMED E
MohamedI926, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Citystars, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear MOHAMED E,