Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
getaroom.com
US$43
View deal
TripadvisorUS$43
Trip.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2013

In case you consider to book this hotel, you should know:
1) when you reach the check-in desk you will be harassed by the shopowner in the lobby area
2) Beeing feb. it can be quite cold in Cairo- but hotel has no heating sources- you will freeze
3) Single glazed windows, no insulation and bad maintenance you might as well sleep outside
4) no matter where your room is situated the traffic noise, shooting wedding goers or the tiny mosque with a volume that can wake up the dead- will keep you awake. Earplugs does not help you here.
5) if you choose to use the extra pillows or blankets in the cupboard please close your eyes- they surely have never been washed
6) 2 days out of 5 I had no towels- had to use the linnen from beds to dry up- bring toiletpaper as they do not provide this all the time
7) Cellar restaurant is filthy, tablecloths dirty, glasses and cups not clean (lipstick etc) and has a stench of catpee from the cats living there
8) you might find food in the corridors and elevators does not seem safe
9) lobby cafe does not lack any staff- but do not expect any service. Choose the halfboard option- can be taken in the room if you want- unfortunately I did not get any receipts when paying cash- just handed the money to the waiters (with the usual tips)- unfortunately some waiters did not put the money in the cashier but in their pockets. So on my departure I had to pay again as i could not provide any receipts- should have known better...
10) remember that the prices on the menu will be added 10%tax and 12% service charge- however they still expect a tip- so its a double tip. Egyptian greed taken to the full extend.
11) 6 waiters on duty- 3 guests- ordered soup and pasta, pasta arrived first - cold- asked for my soup and to warm up my pasta- never happened. There was a footballmatch on the telly- so went out to find something to eat.
12) cleaners washing floors on top floor just pushed the dirty water onto my balcony beneath- lovely!!!

Badly run hotel, bad maintenance, lazy and stealing staff, bad service,cold, noisy & filthy rooms and restaurants. Pyramids view does not add up- and I can in no way recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
10  Thank Aeronaut65
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed for one night in Jan 2013. We arrived at around 8pm to the hotel. The hotel is very run down, but this is expected in Egypt.

My partner nearly had an electric shock from the light switch on the bedside light as it exploded when we turned it on.

One of the things we liked about the hotel was the restaurant, we had good food for a very low price, I had the chicken shawarma and my partner the vegetarian pizza - these were very tasty and home made. We had drinks and bread and it only came to the equivalent of £15.

The bed sheets were dirty, some stains and smelly too - but as we were only staying one night this wasnt a huge problem.

The mini bar (which I wouldnt expect in a Cairo/Giza hotel anyway) was a fridge with a mouldy drink in it and a mound of frost at the back. The television had its power cable joined (twisted and taped together).

The staff were very very pestering, phoning us in the night and knocking the door asking for us to buy things and have taxis to various places / tours.

The road noise is phenomenal from any room (horns, cars all night) but that is expected in Egypt - the drivers seem to drive all night long and not sleep! We were also woken at 4am by the calls to prayer from the mosque which is very close to the hotel. I got the feeling that most egyptian people get very little sleep!

I would recommend others to stay at another hotel, and have a bus tour of the pyramids, as for our whole stay we felt 100% hassled by the egyptian people we encountered.

Room tip: Any room would be a bad choice unless you are deaf
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank surferguy2012
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a two day Cairo tour.
Hotel is centrally located.
Near Giza pyramids.
We asked for and got a room with a view of the pyramids.
Got early check in as well we arrived after a long drive from sharm at around 10am.
Service was good and helpful.
Rooms and hotel internally needs modernised and updated but perfectly adequate!
Perfect budget hotel.

Date of stay: December 2012
4  Thank MominRabbani
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My hotel reservations were made for me by my tour guide, Mohamed Bahaa. He took special care to arrange my lodgings close to the Pyramids of Giza. The hotel was wonderful. My room was comfortable, roomy, clean, and had the most amazing view of the Great Pyramid. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious with many things to choose from. Wi-fi was available in the lobby and there was a great gift shop (bazar). A parklike divider on the street below was exciting with activity at night. It was fun to watch the busy diverse population go by, which even included donkey carts. It was like a page out of the past mingled with the modern world. Most of the hotel staff spoke English quite well. I stayed five nights. I loved my stay there. Cairo was a short drive away.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Debra B
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and did not have any issues. This hotel is good for the price and is in a great location to see the pyramids. The room is not big but this is Egypt, it did the trick. The rooms and bathrooms were clean just dont forget to turn on the switch to get hot water. Dont be afraid to take a walk around the corner and get some food with the locals. Only watch-out is the noise outside, the busy streets and the honking can be a bit much.

Date of stay: November 2012