Pyramids View Inn
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Guardian Guest House(Giza)(Great Value!)
US$50
Mercure
US$250
US$232
  • Pool
All reviewskamal alisound and light showprivate bathroomroof terracefalafelpyramids viewfree airport pickuptour guidenight lightegyptian hospitalityfree lightrooms are basicbed and breakfastbedroom windowcall to prayeryogurtpyramid complex
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We would like to thank Kamal & the other staff for being so helpful and friendly. They exceeded our expectations and could not do enough for us . Ibrahim was also a brilliant taxi driver in the chaos that is Cairo.
To set the scence we have been to Egypt 4 times in the last 2 years, we know about standards, food and value for money and went to The Pyramids View Inn with our eyes open . I wanted to stay in a branded hotel, my other half wanted to stay as close as possible to the pyramids. (He won).
It is a B&B not a hotel and that should be kept in mind. It is in a poor part of Giza at the exit of the Pyramids not the posh side near the entrance of the pyramids. It is a more local experience.

Egypt constantly has power cuts, noise, poor Wifi and you need to be aware that this will be the same problem even in 5 star hotels.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff.
The VIEW was amazing!!!
Free WIFI
Free sound and light show from the roof top or balcony
Free water always welcome in summer heat
KFC & Pizza hut 300m away. ( would never normally resort to KFc in egypt but had to)
Cons
The AC was poor at best. The smell of animal excrement from the street camels & horses constantly filled the air in the room. ( they offered us a fan but then disappeared)
The temp in the room was so warm that a 1.5l bottle of frozen water was defrosted within an hour
.( We put the water underneath the AC to keep cool) This made sleep tough.
Room was small and cramped. Room 103
Small ants crawling up the walls and bit me in bed.. Not good for sleep
Toilet was not very clean especially around the pedestal. (Dark yellow pee streaks)

Food....
Complimentary breakfast was basic but good. Delivered by a lovely young man he was also always so helpful.

They kindly offer a menu cooked elsewhere and brought in for you to eat. We tried this on our first night. Please dont bother!!!!! We have eaten plenty of Egyptian food and this was very bad value for money and a poor standard ( it would be better for them not to offer food if this is the best the can provide). During the day in Cairo we ate Sharwama, falafel from street vendors a 10th of the price and much better quailty. Im embarassed to say the 2nd night we went to KFC to be safe and half the price.

If you are well travelled ( India, Thailand, back packer ) then this is a place for you. It wasnt particularly cheap by Egypitian standards $50 per night . If you want to explore the area then somewhere more central maybe better. If you want a view of a lifetime then brave it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrandmrsbotos
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just got back from Egypt, only had a 2 night stay as the it was for a visa run. Lets start at the airport.......Cairo Airport is by far the most unorganized airport i have ever seen and i work at airports all over the world.....The free pick up was organized by the hotel and even know my flight was delayed and very slow getting through customs my driver was still there waiting for me, which was great. as expected the roads around Cairo(and Egypt in general) are crazy to say the least, this is the way off life over here so just be open minded about it and take it all in.
Pyramid View Inn.......the name says it all, you can not stay any closer to the pyramids if you tried. The views are amazing, it is the best spot to watch the night show. If your expecting a 5 star hotel look somewhere else, if your here to see the Historical sites, this is the place for you. Rooms are basic and the ac works fine(when there is no power outage). The staff will do anything you need and are really helpful and friendly. All meals are served on the room which is just amazing. The staff will get you what ever you want for dinner (Egyptian food, pizza hut, KFC) GREAT WORK PYRAMID VIEW INN, will be back again!
Tours.....was organized through the hotel. They set me up with a private guide for both days. Day 1 Egyptian Muesem and Pyramids, Day 2 Sakkara and Memphis. I advise getting a private tour as you will have more choice in what/how long you would like to do things for. Plus you will get a lot more of a history lesson. I seen groups in the muesem with over 20 people which is the last thing you want to do. My guide was Nasser and he was excellent. He speaks great English as well as Italian, i booked him through the hotel but he can be reached at nwlili@yahoo.com or 0111 4213443. I highly recommend as he is very knowledgeable of all aspects of ancient Egypt (and that's why we are here to learn). He will get you to places that others can not.....trust me.

What a fantastic 2 days, if you are put off by any other reviews they were obviously there for the wrong reasons and should have stayed 5 miles away in 5 star hotel. The Pyramid View Inn is a great place to stay, get the room with the view. Tours where fantastic...........enjoy it, it's amazing.

Any questions i will be happy to help
Stuart

Room Tip: Private room with pyramid view.......you get a private bathroom with this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have very mixed feelings about my five night stay at the Pyramids View Inn. If you're coming for the Pyramids, there's no place finer. But, if you're here for more of the sites in Cairo, perhaps you might want to reconsider and find a more centrally located hotel.

Let's start with the positives. The view from the rooftop is amazing and the seating very comfortable; for the price you pay, you can't get any better. The staff is very nice and willing to get you anything you need. There's all the free water you can drink, which was very much appreciated. The breakfast is decent.

And now for the more unpleasant aspects of my time here. The wifi connection was horrific. The rooms were spartan and sad. There were small ants all over the place. The power shuts off at random times. The staff tries to talk you out of leaving the hotel without one of their drivers or guides. The drive from the airport was free, but the driver seemed a bit deranged. I never feared my death was imminent, but there were some worrying moments. The drive into Giza was also quite the experience as we wove around camels, donkeys, cars, pedestrians, and over potholes. I never went on one of the tours that the hotel offers, but people I talked to later were unimpressed and said they were mainly shuffled from one papyrus shop to the next.

All in all, the hotel feels suffocating. That's the best word for it.

If you stay here, you might get the chance to meet other interesting folks at the hotel. I was lucky and met a great group of eccentric and entertaining people I now consider good friends. We would sit on the roof and chat the day away, go walking through Giza at night (which is actually very modern if you head to the end of Sphinx Street and head to your left -- just follow the crowd) Without them, though, I would have been miserable.

I won't stay again, but I can't deny that it was a good value for my money. Oh, and if you need driven anywhere, ask for Abrahim. He was wonderful and put me instantly at ease.

Room Tip: The hotel is famous for the view, but rooms with a view also get to hear all the noise of the street and the call to prayer. Go with one of the cheaper rooms without a view for a more peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank BDPhillips
pyramidsview, General Manager at Pyramids View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Mr., Philippe

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed the Pyramids View and for your comment that it’s the Best View in Town. Our roof top is the Best Meeting place in all of Egypt to Make New Friends from all Over the World 24/7.We Regret that we did not meet your Expectations in the Wi Fi internet & power. Unfortunately, these issues are not in our control but the Government who turns the power off for a few Hours everyday to conserve energy during the hot summers. We promise to do better next time making our rooms friendly, Please keep in mind that we are not a luxury hotel. We are concerned about our Guests while they are going out in the street. The Street Vendors with harassment and dishonest taxi drivers. We understand our Cairo Streets especially around The Tourist Sites. This is the reason we offer our drivers to our guests if they need them for more security and safety. As a result, it has been working for Our Guest Benefits especially if you are traveling with Female or Kids. All Past reviews mention our tour Guides and our Daily tours as Excellent. I hoped you had experienced the tours for yourself rather than writing and interpreting what others supposedly mentioned. Every review is very important to us because it can create business or it can hurt. We have been continuously working hard to be better in every Aspect of the experience we provide to our Guests including keeping our Rates Down which includes free airport Pickup on Arrival. (The only Hotel offers that). Where would you find a Room for $30.00+ per Night which includes Airport pickup, Breakfast, All the Bottle Water you can Drink, Coffee, and Tea and with that VIEW?! , Thanks

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

You really couldn't get any closer to the Pyramids unless you were a Pharoah! You literally look outside your window and see the 3 main Pyramids in front of you. We weren't lucky enough to get there early enough, but you can probably see the light show from their balcony. Rooms are pretty basic, but you get your own bathroom, even if it is not attached to your room. Breakfast is included and they even arranged for a great tour guide, and rides to and from the airport (extra). Incredible value. Highly recommended for backpackers or cash conscious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bullen61
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great hotel. Simple, but very confortable. The staff is very friendly and are always making sure you have everything you need. I booked my tours to Cairo and to Alexandria and to the Pyramids directly with the hotel and everything was great. My guide was very nice and helped me even with buying some cold medicine.
The view from the rooftop is a must. Specially at sunset time.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with no view of the pyramids, which seemed to be a good choice, for I didnt hear anything from the streets, nor the call for prayers from the nearby mosques.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo