“Great Guide for a First Timer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Egypt Tours by Abdo El-Lahamy Private Tour Guide

Egypt Tours by Abdo El-Lahamy Private Tour Guide
Ranked #11 of 89 Tours in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Abdo and I am an English Licensed Tour Guide.I provide tours all over Egypt in cities such as Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, the Red Sea, Luxor, Aswan, Suez and specializing in trips to El-Fayoum Oasis and Desert trips. I am here to show you the highlights of the oldest sites in Cairo and show you the local ways. I am sure you will have fun and enjoy your trip! New Egypt 2012 I also provide services such as transportation and organize Desert Camp and more.
Tokyo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Guide for a First Timer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I made a last minute decision to visit Cairo and came across Abdo via another trip advisor who had recently used him as a guide. Abdo was really great with suggestions of what to see and flexible with last minute changes. There is a lot to see and do in Cairo and nearby so i decided to be based there for 6 days and just do daytrips with Abdo. He was born in El Fayoum which is a great day/overnight trip from Cairo to enjoy an Oasis and try AMAZING fish dishes. He really makes the trip that you want and at the pace you want to do things. He can arrange trips all over Egypt and provide chances to interact with local people and knows the best local restaurants. Abdo is very organised, thoughtful and takes great care of his tourists. Egypt is safe, i had no problems whatsoever here and i have already made plans to return, to explore Aswan and Luxor and will without hesitation being using Abdo again.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank uksoul2001
Egyptian_Tour_Guide8, Owner at Egypt Tours by Abdo El-Lahamy Private Tour Guide, responded to this review, 22 December 2014
It was a great pleasure meeting you and touring with you and hope i'll see you again over here one day ,,, make sure that you have a new friend at your services any time.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Let the Revolution Scare You - Go To Egypt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

About Abdo:

I hired Abdo for my visit to Cairo – he took care of me for the entire time, picking me up at the airport, bringing me on various adventures, dropping me off at my hotel, and giving me another ride back to the airport when I left. Abdo was an excellent guide, with great English skills and an incredible in-depth knowledge of ancient and modern Egypt. I’m not the kind person who normally hires a guide – I much prefer exploring on my own, but specifically for Cairo and Giza/Pyramids it seemed like a guide was pretty much 100% necessary.
Abdo was able to get me into places that most tourists don’t get to see, and he’s really easy to get along with – basically a nice guy. Highly recommended.
I’m a vegetarian/vegan, and Abdo was able to bring me to some _amazing_ vegetarian food in Cairo – also when on a Nile dinner cruise where I think the waitstaff didn’t really understand vegetarianism (it is not very common in Egypt), he was able to explain it to them and get them to make a really good special meal for me. This made the trip much more enjoyable.

About travelling to Egypt as an American now:

The Good: From everything I saw while in Egypt for a short time (April 2014), the dangers of the political situation will not affect tourists at all – it is overall very safe and not only that, because tourism levels are so low it is a good time to see the sights without too many crowds. There is no real danger, and the Egyptian people are extremely nice to Americans. I made new Egyptian friends everywhere I went, and did not get held up by any protests, bombings, or political problems at all.

The Bad: Because tourism levels have dropped so much, the pyramids and temples at Giza are full of very aggressive, frustrated souvenir-sellers, photographers, and camel-jockeys. Some of them may even try borderline-fraudulent sales techniques (like first pretending to be an official ticket-taker or guard, and then tugging on your sleeve/following you around talking your ear off while you try to check out a monument, then demanding a tip or aggressively trying to sell you a camel ride/photograph). Because of these issues, I would strongly recommend not to visit Giza’s pyramids without a guide like Abdo.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Patrick E
San Francisco
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Abdo Made the Sights of Cairo more Meaningful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

One of the best things that we did on this trip was to get Abdo as our guide. We had communicated with Abdo (due to the reviews on TA) about a month prior to our trip to Egypt which began on April 18. I had sent several e-mails to Abdo and response was always very prompt. I had sent a list of sights that we wanted to see and Abdo provided a tour programme to include all the sights that we wanted to see. I had also arranged for hotel transfer upon our arrival which was at midnight. As soon as we exited the Arrivals Hall at Cairo, Abdo was there with a sign with my name. He was very welcoming. On our drive to the hotel, he gave a brief intro of the city of Cairo and explained out itinerary for the next two days.

Our first day, we visited the pyramids at Saqqara, Dashur and Giza. Abdo was a wealth of knowledge explaining a brief history of the sights and in particular, the evolution of the pyramid which started in Saqqara, to its final form in the Giza pyramids.

The second day was a tour of the city which included Islamic sights, Coptic sights, and the Egyptian museum. Again, he made excellent explanations of the sights. At the Mohammed Ali Pasha Mosque, he gave a brief explanation of the prayer ritual for Muslims at the mosque.

Aside from Cairo sights, Abdo also arranged for us, a two day one night white desert camping trip which was one of the highlights of our trip. The desert is so beautiful and peaceful at night. We slept under the stars and it was just amazing to see so many stars on a clear night.

Abdo will make your trip to Egypt more meaningful. I highly recommend using his services as a tour guide. Go to Egypt! The tourism industry is hurting for the last three years. If you do go, get Abdo as your tour guide.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank ArchiBoi
Baku, Azerbaijan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ancient History & Authentic Current Culture provided by Abdo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Now is the time to visit Egypt! We encountered only 40 tourists at the Giza pyramids and zero tourists in Saqqara and Dahshur. Abdo, who we chose because of his many positive reviews right here on Trip Advisor, made us feel safe, happy, and later, more educated. We spent 4 days together in the sights listed above, as well as in Cairo and "Old Cairo" during March 20-26, 2014. One of the great things he provided, at our request, were outings to typical (and delicious!) food joints and restaurants serving local cuisine. It gave us time to not only eat, but digest and clarify the historic information he gave us in the morning. After lunch, he would always ask if we wanted to see just 1 or 2 more places. I"m so glad we always went along with his suggestions! He also was quite good at repeating information in multiple ways, sometimes associated with a new object or history, that we actually retained some of the information.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank rhonaj827
Pune, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WONDERFUL PRIVATE TOUR-CAIRO &AROUND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I had plans to visit Egypt for 2weeks.But no one accepted my proposal of private tour.
May be due to the uncertainty of political atmosphere in Cairo.I too joined a group-tour organised by a PROFFESIONAL COMPANY from India,for 1 week.However next 7 days-travelled ALONE!
This was possible ONLY BECAUSE ABDO WAS WITH ME.He is knowlegable,friendly and GOOD HUMAN.He knows everything about Egypt,ancient history,details of monuments and what not!
I was in contact with him from last 6months.Finally my visit was from 26thJan,to 8th Feb.2014.

Visited February 2014