The Mena House Hotel at the foot of the Great Pyramids in Cairo is nothing short of spectacular. It perfectly meets the expectations, and wildest imagination of travellers who come to Egypt seeking a luxurious adventure and old colonial charm.
The building is a treasure in itself adorned on the outside with period woodwork from over 100 years ago, and the interior is just stunning with enormous, and intricately ornate chandeliers, wall decor and touches of grandeur in every nook, cranny, and corner.
The service is impeccable, and the staff hold a certain old school Egyptian etiquette which is hard to come across in modern Cairo. And I think you will be hard pressed to find anywhere else in Egypt steeped in so much history, with a list of historical celebrity guests including foreign dignitaries like Winston Churchill, Monty and others.
The location at the foot of the pyramids means you wake up every morning to the only surviving wonder of the world. And not only does it serve as a fantastic location for visitors, but also as an excellent place to escape the city all the while staying in the city for locals.
In short - its a must see, and must stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mena House is one of the most unique hotels in Cairo, with its own rich and colourful history. Surrounded by 40 acres of verdant green gardens, this palatial hotel is located in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo. The royal history of the hotel is reflected in luxurious interiors that are embellished with exquisite antiques, handcrafted furniture, original work of arts and magnificent antiques that are rarely found in luxury hotels. Mena House has played host to kings and emperors, Heads of State and celebrities. The Mena House located 700 meters from these wonders of the ancient world offers unmatched views of the pyramids. You can gaze upon the magnificence of the pyramids from your rooms at sunrise and sunset. After dinner at one of the many restaurants, you can return to see them lit up for your private viewing pleasure. An ideal location for meetings in Cairo, the hotel's banquets and conference centre offer venues for weddings, receptions and meetings ranging from 50 to 1000 guests. Recreation options at the hotel include a heated swimming pool, a fully equipped Fitness Centre and Spa. Regarded as one of the leading luxury hotels in Cairo, the hotel combines the magical charm of a bygone era with unrivalled service fit for royalty. Your interlude at the hotel promises to be a journey of discovery, exploring Cairo's ancient treasures and unravelling the many mysteries of Egypt's past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mena House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mena House Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Giza
- Oberoi Hotel Mena
- Oberoi Giza
- Mena Oberoi
- Mena House Giza
- Giza Oberoi
- Mena House Hotel Egypt/Giza