“What words can't describe !” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Half-Day Trip to Giza Pyramids with Camel-Riding
Ranked #1 of 78 things to do in Giza
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the most recognizable among the Seven Wonders of the World, the exact origin of these majestic pyramids continues to spark debate.
Cairo, Egypt
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What words can't describe !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

When you are walking during your sightseeing more than 50 centuries tops of the pyramids are looking down on you!
When you get inside one of the pyramids it never answer your questions about it, it will just make you ask more..
When you meet Egyptians working there, this will show the gap clearly between the ancient Egyptians who built The Pyramids and those Jerks asking you for more money to ride a camel..
When you look on the other side towards the modern buildings, you would prefer that pharaohs are still a life with there construction systems and theories.

I am an Egyptian and I admit that what is happening today in the region of The Pyramids is a mess! The government is irresponsible at some point and the people running their businesses there are the worst kind of human beings! I am sorry for this ... I will recommend going just because The Pyramids is incomparable with anything in the world!

I advice that you don't respond to everybody offering a horse or a camel ride and just do it when you want because they will cause you a headache
For Egyptians its the same as tourists, they will steal your money too ;) I swear ..
Remember this word "صبّح عليّا" ..
Enjoy ! :)

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just has to be done!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Loved the whole pyramids tour by coach. Husband fell sick so I was with a group of 2 English couples from our hotel. They really looked after me. Was so excited to see this marvellous piece of history. Great fun..

1 Thank Bluenose55
Kansas City, Missouri
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Monumental highlight in my world travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

What a phenomenal experience. To think these structures are from the ancient world and constructed without machinery is baffling; especially given the size of each stone. Even though it is clearly marked not to climb the stones, many do. It can be quite treacherous. We saw a few injuries there. It's very hot. Once you assimilate yourself to that it gets easier.
Absolutely wear a hat or cap and plenty of sunscreen. Drink a LOT of water. The dry desert heat is brutal and can quickly dehydrate you. Be watchful for pickpockets here. There are huge crowds. Always keep an eye on your belongings. Don't give your camera or cell phone to anyone. They may run with it. We saw this happen more than once. Yet, many people ask to have their pictures taken. Lots of Bedouins and gypsies selling overpriced carved resin trinkets and souvenirs. If you are going to ride a camel, try to have your guide prearrange it. We did that. It was trouble free and it only cost a couple USD tip. One problem is getting people on the camel for a tour and then taking you out very far for a ransom price in order to get down from the camel. It's very high off the ground. If you say no, they make you get off and you have that long walk back. Don't let these things prevent you from going. It is truly a bucket list experience. Very awe inspiring to see this. As you approach by
plane, the area of Giza is brown and barren and dry and stands in direct contrast to the area closer to the Nile where it is more like a jungle with lush, tropical foliage. I loved seeing this.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Robert L
London, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“I was in total awe...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I loved the Pyramids!!! It is ginormous and we only managed to climb up five stones of the Pyramid…trust me it may look easy but it isn't ha!
We went on a hot day so ensure you have loads of water with you but sip slowly as there aren't many toilet facilities around.
The site is amazing and the experience is a must…put it on your bucket list and tick it off!!!
Our tour guide was very helpful and answered all our questions and took pictures of all of us when we asked. You'll get more out of the experience if you went on an excursion as the tour guides do help a lot.
This was part of our excursion to Cairo where we had lunch provided and went to the Egyptian Museum.
Do not make eye contact with any of the locals as they'll try and sell you something or convince you that you want to ride on their horse or camel. Stay with your tour guide as they help when it comes to the locals - this is more for women as they can be quite rude and persuasive.
I did witness animal cruelty from one of the locals to a horse and it was painful to see but we were advised to not get involved.

1 Thank Jenice88
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
413 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 475 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The view from the hill is amazing looking across to the pyramids - they are everything you expect them to be. Awe-inspiring for thousands of years - you can only imagine what they looked like when the stones were capped with the marble granite before Napoleon got to them. Visible for miles, instantly recognisable surrounded by sand dunes. We got there so early - no other tourists just three of us and it was incredible to stand at the foot of them. I have left a detailed review under Keops. We walked all around we climb part way up and have been inside and it was the best experience I have ever had. I love History and to go down into the tomb was incredible. If going inside beware of claustrophobia even if you don't usually suffer from it - once was enough for me. We spent 3 hours here and it did get busy. Lots of camel rides and hawkers - pretty much non stop. I had a romantic idea of the pyramids in mind - I looked beyond anything that would spoil this incredible trip.