“Interesting to see”

413 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 476 helpful votes
“Interesting to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We watched the entire process and it was interesting. Having been on lots of trips like this and never buying anything - this was the exception. I actually bought a few really nice papyrus. Pretty expensive but had them framed when we got home.

• Arabic first
177 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Paper & Hieroglyphics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was an incredible experience for me in 2008. To witness the transformation from grass to paper (tree pulp to paper, in the wider industry) was a learning issue. Then the application of the hieroglyphics (it's a stencil) adds notation to the item. Be aware that there are imitation Papyrus being sold as advised by the Museum Personnel. For myself I purchased a Nefertiri and had our names written in Hieroglyphics.

San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Thety taught me from start to finish how to make it and I coulnt leave till I had skill with the technique

Johannesburg, South Africa
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not my thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was not part of a group, so it was a very perfunctory overview and then a sales pitch for a souvenir - at 2 x the price of the same item in the hotel shop.

Visited November 2013
Greytown, South Africa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Interesting but just not my thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Very interesting to see how the paper is made as well as great to see the artwork but it's not something I would be keen on purchasing to take home. The drink on arrival was lovely.
We were part of an organized tour so stopped here. unless you are very interested in paper and are an art lover I would say skip along.