We stayed at the Cataract Pyramid Resort in Giza in May 2014 as a way to avoid the chaos of Cairo ( and protests, although now we have learned that i not really. Problem) and we were very pleasantly surprised, although the hotel is not that well known(our taxi driver had a hard time finding it), it was very nice, the facilities were beautiful and elegant and everything was spotless. Our room, although not too big was very nice, and super clean and our housekeeper Ahmed, made sure to put a smile on our faces every day with his hilarious towel arrangements and always fresh flowers. It is true as other reviewers pointed out that not some hallways are dark an such, but so few tourists I can imagine they need to keep their costs down, but we felt like we were the only guests in the hotel but this means that we got the best attention from all the staff: from reception( thank Mr Sami for all the special attention) to the restaurant to the bell boys, everybody made sure we had a great stay. We will definitely recommend the Cataract hotel to anyone that wants to stay in Giza. Please note that while most websites state they have a free shuttle to the pyramids, this is no longer true, due to the low affluence of tourists, but they always have very nice drivers just out the door and it is only like 30LE to get you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cataract Pyramids Resort has a unique location, beautiful panorama of the great Pyramids, surrounded with farms and green grace peaceful. Superbly located within peaceful, quiet and pollution free farmland. The resort has been built with a low-rise building spreading over almost 11 hectares of the landscaped gardens; keeping with the local architecture and landscape with a promenade boarded by enormous hundred year old palms that connect the two extremes of the complex, and unfolds more than 20 garden acres. The resort, Applying 4 star standard hotel, is located on the road to Sakkara towards the oldest made structure - The step Pyramids of Sakkara. The Great Pyramids of Giza are a 10-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cataract Pyramids Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cataract Pyramids Hotel Giza
- Hotel Cataract Pyramids
- Cataract Pyramid Resort
- Cataract Pyramids Resort Egypt/Giza