“stay in a car is better”

Siag Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed 2 December 2010

the cleanliness is very poor , smilly , old carpet ,sewage leacking is noticeable , rude staff , please , don,t waste your money , and don,t believe the internet photos , the hotel is in need for a comlete renovation ....

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank toto667390
Karim S, Owner at Siag Pyramids Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Siag Hotel is undergoing full renovations and will be reopened in 2014

There are newer reviews for Siag Pyramids Hotel

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Stupide and rude staff. Poor food, trashy, dirty and half-ruined rooms. The so-called hotel should have been destroyed long ago instead of to shame on itself and capital city.

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank Helen H
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I was worried after I read the reviews of Siag, but as I was travelling with a tour group, I really didn't have a choice. First of all, I don't care what the advertisement says-- this is in no way a 4 star hotel! The first room we were put in smelled so badly of mold, that I actually gagged and could not bring myself to enter the room. They were very nice about switching our room, but in the second room, the air-conditioner did not work. The third room still smelled a little, but it was at least bearable, and the a/c worked. There was not a single day that the hotel did not lose power (It was just that building...all the surrounding buildings still had power), sometimes this lasted for up to half an hour before the hotel staff were able to fix it. I don't remember exactly what floor we were on, but it was pretty high up, and half the time we took the stairs, rather than chancing that the power would go out while in the elevators. One evening just our floor lost power. The hotel looks like it hasn't been renvoated in many decades, and the carpets and pretty much everything else are filthy. My sheets were dirty, and the mattresses were very old. However, on the plus side, they were actually fairly comfortable. The swimming pool was drained, and they were re-grouting and cleaning it, so I would imagine it is clean and being used again by now, at least. The breakfast was mediocre at best, but edible. I can't say I didn't have worries about the food, after seeing the cleanliness of the hotel overall, but I did not get sick or anything. One thing I will say is that I purchased a bottle of water to take sightseeing with me, and it did not have a plastic seal on it (ALWAYS check for the plastic seal around the cap when you buy water...some unscrupulous places will refill the bottles and try to sell them). I am not implying this is what the hotel was doing, but nevertheless, my bottle was not sealed. By the time we checked out, several of us had sore throats and congestion (which could have been partially from the pollution in Cairo/Giza, but I really believe the mold in the rooms had something to do with it too). The view of the pyramids from our balcony was spectacular, but that was not enough to redeem this hotel. Siag may be inexpensive, but there is a reason for that. My recommendation is to splurge a little bit and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2010
4  Thank pandora_haze
Reviewed 23 April 2010

Traveling to Cairo and staying at the four seasons is like going on safari in a zoo. The Siag will allow you to step slightly outside your comfort zone (it is not located in a tourist compound) and experience the truly Egyptian side of Egypt. The rooms are clean, the views of the pyramids are stunning, and the staff is extremely welcoming. For a cultural experience, be sure to visit the top floor cabaret.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank winstrat
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I have never written a bad review for any thing in my life. Im 26 and not a person who loves to moan about things.
I spent 3 days here, and was the longest three days of my life. The hotel was a complete hole. Advertises its self as a 4 star. Trust me this is bull, would not even be a one star at UK standards. I stayed at a hostel before this in central Cairo and this was of better standards.....
The pool was green & the hotel was absolutely dead.... the breakfast food menu was complete crap. Anyway not going to waste anymore time on this hole.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank jamesbull26
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I stayed in this hotel for two nights when I came to see the pyramids the hotel rooms are ok the view was nice as I had the pyramids , didnt use the pool but it looked nice, the hotel is very far from giza so you will have take a taxi to see the pyramids its also far from the city centre

I didnt like Cairo and wouldnt go back its not tourist friendly the hotel staff were so arrogant and unhelpful the peole in the city were the same I have to say in egypt the friendliest people will have to be the people of Luxor "if you pay them well"

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank AyshaLondon
Reviewed 13 October 2009

It is lovely city but Hotels are not at western standard.
I stay in Paris at 1 star Hotel and this 1 star was much better !!
So if you plan to visit Cairo stay min at 4 star to get max. 3 star service....

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple