“'World Class' is the Standard in Everything Here”

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Right from the exceptional security as you enter the walled property to the immediate service as you enter the hotel, the Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel and Spa illustrates World Class service and hospitality. The front desk staff always made themselves instantly available and at your service, as do any and all of the other members of the hotel team: from pool attendants to management. I was struck and (even as a somewhat jaded world traveller) moved by how quickly my name was remembered, as well as my personal preferences, and was quickly greeted by a warm “Mr. Peter” rather than the generic “Sir.” The dining establishments always outdid themselves, and the more casual poolside (or rather pool centre) dining and bar cantina was fun and sunny, but also kept the standards of the hotel in good taste and decorum. At the lobby bar, Mohammad proved himself to be as refined, capable, knowledgeable, accommodating and dignified as any barkeep I have encountered, and it was a true regret having to bid him adieu as I felt very much as one would leaving a friend. My (pyramid view) hotel room was luxuriously appointed and exceptionally clean; the very standard set throughout the hotel. I particularly liked the rainfall-like feature of the shower that was offered along with a standard adjustable showerhead. The opaque wall in the shower was nice too in offering some diffused natural lighting. The washroom also offered such amenities as adjustable backlit vanity mirror, bidet and was all tastefully done in two different varieties of marble. The bed was an oversized king and extraordinarily comfortable, and the back wall was solid window overlooking the expansive multilevel interconnected pool, the separate waterfall pool, and pyramids (a distance that could be measured in metres). The spa offers everything one would expect in such a retreat, featuring exercise equipment, its own sauna and relaxation pool, and massage services amongst other things, and all delightfully lit in a unique and soothing blue light. Private excursions and travel arrangements are also offered, which makes sightseeing completely hassle free. I plan to be back as soon as I can to stay longer, and hopefully frequently, as this was a truly unique and singular experience of feeling both as both as a Pharaoh, but also at home amongst friends. I highly and unreservedly recommend the Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel and Spa. You WILL NOT be disappointed and YOU WILL want to return: OFTEN.

Room Tip: Make the choice of a Pyramid View!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank PJPeter
Write a ReviewReviews (3,088)

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My expectations for cairo were low but this hotel made the experience for my family of 5 a pleasant surprise. The airport pickup was smooth, Muhammed at check in was great, Muhammed, the younger guy, the concierge was very good, if you want a tour, which i highly recommend , have them set you up with Hemo- he is very personable and made the day fun and interesting, even for my 3 teenagers. The bartender at Harris , been there 25 years, was charming and entertaining. The mexican restaraunt was good and pizzas in the main cafe were good, breakfast could be improved though. Although it sounds hokey- the sound light show at the pyramids was worth it. You can easily do the pyramids and egyptian musuem in a one day tour using Hemo as your guide without much stress. Not much to do in the surrounding neighborhood, but worth it to go the Oberi nearby for a meal. It is a shame tourism is way down in cairo, but i found the situation safe,secure and had no worries about my family.

Room Tip: New wing very nice, pay the extra for pyramid view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nellieHongKong
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at le meridians then we went on to sharm. Cairo is absolutely mad and very busy, the traffic is unbelievable we got stuck in a traffic jam at 3am! Don't believe a word the locals on the street say, if you ask for directions they will always want to play a trick on you usually to get you to their friends shop or restaurant. The pyramids are definitely worth a visit, simply amazing. The best way to travel around is to hire a taxi outside the hotel, and getbhe driver to stay with you all da, waiting outside museums restauants etc. Ours cost 100 egyptian pounds for the day -about £10.70. The hotel was brilliant. The pool area is wonderful, towels all provided, plenty of sun beds next to the pool, swim up bar was great, restaurant was fabulous and plenty of food was cooked fresh to order. Staff were friendly, I would go back tomorrow. Location was excellent for the Giza pyramids.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent but if you want a room with a view choose the side overlooking the pyramids...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VSB047
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We went here for a Long Weekend Friday to Monday,We arrived at 0100hrs in the Morning,The Check in was swift and we went to our room,room Nice and all in there what you would expect except a Hair Dryer did not bother me as Folically Challenged(Bald)but my wife was concerned but phoned down and had one in 5 min for the rest of the trip,there is also no Tea and Coffee Facilities but again not a major issue,we paid to have a Pyramid View Room so when we woke up later that morning and looked out of the window-WOW is all I can say.
The Swimmig Pools are Excellent but the price for soft drinks are on the expensive side but if you go out of the Hotel turn left and follow the road down 400m there is a On The Run Service station just as we have in UK and cans of Drinks are 3.65LE and in Hotel are 20LE and even for a bottle of pepsi it was only 6.75LE so we got our drinks and snacks from there for the weekend because as they say every little helps.
Saturday we went to see the pyramids and got a car from the Hotel which costs 150LE for 2 hrs which is about £15 but well worth it as the driver drops you at Ticket Booth and meets you on Other side,our Driver then walked with us and inturn kept away the sellers and with the heat it is to far to walk from Hotel but in Winter it would be good to do that,we visited all the Pyramids there and went to see the Sphinx which was very good,be aware as you go into the entrance to where the Sphinx is you may get a man asking you for your ticket but you do not need to show it as the ticket you get at the entrance that covers it all that man is only trying to say he works for Tourist agency etc he said no money if you dont want to show you around but he followed us and told us about things but I kept telling him we are ok on our own and at the end of it he said money and as soon as I said no he became aggrresive but Im lucky Im 6ft 3 Bald and Big Build so as soon as I was firm with him he backed off but I was told if you did get that and they continued say you will get the Tourist Police then they should back off,I no this was supposed to be about the Hotel but I hope people dont mind if I add some bits in about what we did and a few tips.
We did the Light show at Night and Booked threw Hotel,got picked up on time and was taken to Pyramids then we where directed past all the people who were seated opened a barrier and we where all seated at the front all on our own we felt like VIP's the Light show is Excellent you feel like your back in the Egyptian days or in one of the Films as the Music and atmosphere is great.
The Breakfast in the Hotel is Ok plenty to chose from and it will keep you going for the rest of the day untill Dinner if you have enough that is,Dinner was Ok but on both nights the meats and a few other items where not Hot but the Desserts are excellent plenty to choose from,The Cost for the Buffet for two People was 370LE £37 ish was it worth £37 in my opinion yes beacause there is alot of choice and you can eat as much as you like but if you are a small eater I would say no but to go into Giza for a meal where would you start looking as the area where the Hotel is ,is crazy at Night ie Busy but we like that and we are the sort who go out walking in the back streets etc,but that is not for all,there is a Restuarant near the On the Run service station which looks ok.
The Leisure Facilities in the Hotel are Fantastic I used the Gym on the Sat,Sun and Monday and it is state of the art equipment it is all Life Fitness Equipment the same as they Use in The Fitness First Gyms,the Spa Facilities are again Excellent so clean and the attendants are so nice and helpfull-USE THEM.
Sunday went into Cairo to see the Museum,Nile,Market etc we again got a car from the Hotel book a half day not a full day as half gives you 12hrs and it is £20 cheaper(460LE Half Day) than the Full day hire which is to much,our driver picked us up at 0845hrs and from the start he was fantastic he took us to places we would have never seen in a Million years if we just got a Taxi into city,He took us to the City of the Dead and to the Christian Area which is where you see how people really live in Cairo,he showed us so much,it is best to see the City of The Dead etc in the Morning as it is not to busy but in the afternoon Crazy,We got to the Museum at 1300hrs and it was great not bust at all,Mohamed our Driver told us it was the best time to come as all the coach trips from the Cruises and the day trip people from Sharm all come in the Morning as they are on a tight Scedule,stayed there for 3 hrs,then went to Nile to walk along and have a swim in it-ONLY JOKEING would not swim in that but nice to walk along next to it very Romantic holding hands looking into eachothers eyes-DO PEOPLE FEEL SICK,got back to Hotel at 1730hrs went to pool and chilled out.
Thats it really to sum up a great Hotel and excellent facilities and the Location is Fantastic,and if people dont no they are moving the Museum to a site near the Pyramids we were shown it and it said 1076 days to completion and the underground should be finished from the Airport to Giza soon,we used a Transfer company called A2B for our Airport Transfer again Excellent service.
Enjoy Cairo.
got

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MAS3019
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The location with views of the awesome Pyramids more than made up for the disapointing aspects of this hotel.
On arrival the welcome and checking in process with the assistance of the reps from Thomas Cook Signature was faultless, the reception area and bar was spotless and pretty impressive.
Unfortunately our room which was booked to accomodate three of us including our 12 yr old only had one bed. We approached reception about this and were told a bed would be brought in at some point, housekeeping apparently had arrived but we were not available? The delay lasted some hours and resulted in the provision of an inadequate fold up bed which was not to the standard for this class of hotel.
Nevertheless the pool area was fabulous, we had great fun in the 'waterfall' in the 2nd pool and luxuriating in relaxing in the water sunbeds. The pool side bar was good providing a range of meals that were reasonably priced and in ample sized portions, I delighted in being able to enjoy fresh orange juice on a daily basis. The lobby bar was delightful, the main barman exuded friendliness and enthusiasm, treating us to more than plentiful snacks and Ramadan sweets. My husband, in particular, enjoyed, his pre dinner beer and banter with the staff at this bar.
Breakfast which is buffet style provided a range of choices that would surpass more than most requirements. The only downside was the lack of service from the waiting staff who were sullen and slow in offering tea and coffee and in clearing tables.

1  Thank Joanna F
LeMeridienPyramids1, General Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Thank you for your review, and i would like to inform you that we are investigating the room issue to correct any of our delayed services that has caused you any inconveience during your stay with us, i have also informed the F&B director to look into the tea & coffee service staff training to ensure such delay in service would not happen again. once again thank you for your review and looking forward to welcoming you one more time at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & spa.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I went here with my mum and dad in july 2012.We stayed here for a week.great staff and clean hotel.the swimming pool is gigantic there is a grown up pool ,a kids pool and a bridge over the pool also a spa.
The room was clean and tidy and the shower was brilliant,as was the a/c,large flat screem tv.all impressed with the hotel.

We went for a walk to a place for lunch and a couple of times in the evening without any kind of hassle from anybody.

In the reception there are seats, also a cafe with waiter service which is very nice.it is the best hotel in Cairo.

I would come back here

Room Tip: get a room away from the lift area.
3  Thank coperscopegirl
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My Husband, 7 Year old Daugher and myself stayed at the Le Meridien from the 20th July until the 28th July.
We arrived at 1am in the morning, check in was so quick,as it was my Husband's second stay we were directed to "Starwood preffered Guest" Rooms. WOW!!! Flat Screen TV...Walk in Shower and a lovely View, in the new building!!
As it was my first stay in Cairo I was a little worried, but it turned out AMAZING!!!
During Ramadan, it is very quiet during the day,(it is very busy and an amazing experience at night though) we went out very early every morning and than ended up spending the rest of the day by the Pool, which was so quiet, most days we had the Pool to ourselves.
I loved eating out in the local Restaurants at night, joining the Locals and enjoying some lovely food.
I have read a few negative reports about the surrounding "Hotel" area, it is unfounded, no-one ever hassled us, everyone was so friendly and welcoming.
Yes, if you do go to to certain places you will have people trying to sell you a Camel, Handbag, a Tour etc...but please give people a chance, they only trying to earn a living.
We are going back next year, as we have still got to see a few more places, and certainly will stay at the Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa again.
Do Not let any negative Posts put you off, it is a lovely Place, well worth a Visit, the majority of guests have nothing to complain about!!!

Room Tip: A smile goes a long way and works wonders
3  Thank SHB46