“The Reception charged me for the booking twice”

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Giza
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at Le Meridan between 19-June-2014 - 22-June-2014 and while the hotel itself was nice - very nice staff and a good room - I got charged over double for my room!

The man assured me when I checked in that the deposit I put down would be refunded when I left the hotel. However upon leaving, the man assured me when he took my card that all he was doing was putting the deposit back on, however when I got back to Australia, I realised that not only was my deposit not refunded, but he had taken an additional $216!

I emailed customer service after calling the hotel from Australia 3 times, only to be hung up on three times.... and that was nearly a week ago and I still don't have a reply! I have now sent two emails and nothing.

I don't want to have to leave bad feedback for a hotel because it is a nice one, but when they charge you over double the amount and no one will get back to you about it, you don't have many other options than to write a really bad review.

I want someone to email me back about this as soon as possible because I want my money back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rachelbarrar
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear M. Rachelbarrar,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa.

Your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and will be passed on to all concerned.

Following investigating your comments, I found that Ahmed Fekry, our Desk Supervisor, has replied to your e-mail on the 28th of June advising that he will check the matter and get back to you. On the 30th of June, Sara Samuel, our Assistant Manager, has sent you an e-mail explaining that the pre-authorization taken on your credit card on your arrival has been used upon departure and that the balance was released the same day. She has also attached in her e-mail copies of your hotel bill and receipt. I will forward these e-mails to your e-mail address separately.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,970)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A refreshing oasis in the midst of a frenetic, intense city. This is a great time to visit Cairo. People are friendly and the prices are very low. It is a hot, dusty and crowded city and Le Meridien is the perfect place to relax and re-charge after meetings or sight seeing. Great gym and spa, and massage services are excellent and affordable.

Room Tip: The Fourth floor in the newest wing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cccdean
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear M. cccdean,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel at night for a 3 day stay in Cairo , what was amazing is getting up in the ,owning stepping out to the pool area and there a mist wonderful site of the three pyramids!,,, wow what a site really could not believe how close we were. Great hotel could not fault a great location to do site seeing around Cairo....., highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Larkowsky123

Dear M. Larkowsky123,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

3 days at an excellent hotel after a wonderful Nile Cruise, We would def stay there again as we had a wonderful view of the Pyramids from our balcony. Attentive and friendly staff and very safe!!

Easily accessible to Cairo and the museum which is a must do.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Supie32
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear M. Supie32,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

During our recent family vacation to Egypt, we stayed at Le Meridien in Giza during the first week of June. I have to write and say that the bell captains, especially Ismail and Hossam both provided outstanding service which absolutely made our vacation. When we had a small problem with our room, Hossam jumped to help us find a new room with a stunning view of the pyramids. He also provided tips on food and ATMs and frequently checked up on us to see if everything was okay. Normally, I don't think that these are the types of services that bell captains provide, but at least at Le Meridien Giza, befriending you bell captain can be a very positive action. In my case Hossam made a huge difference and because of this I recommend Le Meridien and him very highly!

Room Tip: Higher floors on the road side have a view of the pyramids directly across the street! Floors on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick H

Dear M. Patrick H,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and I spent 2 nights here at the start of our tour. The hotel was clean and comfortable althought we were disappointed to look out on to a backyard rather than the pyramids. The staff were efficient if somewhat unfriendly and the pool bar was nice for a snack. Although you could see the pyramids from the pool it was not an ideal ,ocation for sightseeing from

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Littlemissmoppet,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel are very much appreciated.

There is absolutely no excuse for the poor staff attitude you encountered. I would like to advise you that positive remedial action have already been taken to ensure a similar situation does not recur.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed 2 nights in Cabana twin bed room, pool area view. room size was convenient but the mini bar was empty. I have asked room service to fill it.. imagine what?! I have payed for the full stuff by time of filling we did not consume it all but no refund. more over the mini bar fridge was not working later replaced by room service later with an external one.
Bathroom is missing shower loaf.
Internet connection is an issue need upgrade
Spa is fantastic

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near to kids pool area... you will have a lot of noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherif F

Dear Sherief S,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel are very much appreciated.

I would, first of all, like to reiterate my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and upset you were caused. There is certainly no excuse for the poor standards and service you encountered. I have carried out an investigation regarding the mini bar incident you encountered, which is clearly completely unacceptable, however I would appreciate if you can advise the name of the personnel involved and the date of the incident to the following e-mail address: raghda.radwan@lemeridien.com to enable us to conclude the investigation and get back to you with our findings.

Yours sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx
Barcelo Cairo Pyramids
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah

Been to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!