“terrific location &view”

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Giza
Cairo, Egypt
“terrific location &view”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

i spent 2 nights at le meridien pyramids &i was astonished by the view from my room where i could see the pyramids right in front of me.. as well this view is in front of the pool..
rooms are comfortable and clean.
Tip: confirm when reserving room to be on pyramids front
service &food are not so good, the staff need to be more customer oriented but the stay overall was nice and relaxing,

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear M. Wessam M,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel are very much appreciated.

I have taken note on your comments regarding the quality of service you received and I would like to assure you that positive remedial action has been taken to ensure a similar situation does not recur.

Looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 August 2014

All guest services in the middle of a land of inigma. From the front door, will handle all travel arrangements, e.g. I got a guide and a driver to the Great Pyramid, they handled all from a tour and explainations from an Egyptologist of the inside (from the highest point you can go, to the lowest place most cant go). outside plus all out buildings and the Sphinx. That was one trip...they had 10....Petra included. WAY better than Downtown as waking up to that view was worth the trip.

Room Tip: Great Pyramid side, Club room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear M. Doc F,

Your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and will be passed on to all concerned.

Egypt
Reviewed 2 August 2014

actually i spent 2 days f my vacations in this hotel, it was really very bad, check in took longtime around 45 min , very bad view from the room, no facilitis in the room, (kettle, wifi expensive while it has to be free, no LCD or LED, only 2 towels in the room), delay in response and bad service from room service, also while ordering a meal on the pool i got a wrong order, and the big disater that i was leaving my car in the parking, and during the chech out i discovered that someone in parking hotel tried to steal and break my car, and no action from the hotel, actually i dont recommend it at all

Room Tip: be sure your room has a good view and check facilities of the room chosen before booking
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear M. mohamedelrefa3y,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa. First of all, I would like to apologize most sincerely for all the disappointing aspects of your stay.

I would, first of all, like to reiterate my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and upset you were caused on check-in and the defects in the room you were allocated. There is absolutely no excuse for the poor standards you experienced in the room you were allocated, and I would like to assure you that positive action has been taken to avoid any similar recurrences in the future. I would like to mention that in fact 50% of our room stock has been renovated and our plan is to begin renovating the balance in the very neat future.

I would also like to assure you that action has already been taken as a result of your comments. Staff in the Food & Beverage Department have been reminded of their responsibilities and duties towards our guests, and of the need to maintain our usual high standards at all times.

With regard to the incident related to the car park and following our internal investigation with our security guards and parking / valet attendant, they could not witness any stranger with an attempt to steal your car. In addition to the above, I would like to confirm that our car park is 24 hours manned by our security guard located at both the entrance / exit areas and that the car park is equipped with VCR cameras that covers some areas (mainly the entrance / exit or high risk areas)
However, I would like to confirm that should the official police report shows that there was such an attempt, we will of course take the necessary action.

It is my hope that these events will not permanently mar your opinion of our hotel and that you will return to us again, when I am sure you will remember your stay for all the right reasons.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I spent two nights with my family in Le Meridien Pyramids, the overall stay was not bad. The room was a renovated one; spacious with two comfy queen beds and good view over the pool. Some issues that bothered us are; first the A/C, it makes the room extremely cold specially at night and the temperature goes down to 23 c although we adjust it to 28 c; I asked for help but the technician seemed not knowing what to do! Also the minibar was not working, we were not able to drink cold water except at the restaurant!
The waterfall pool was ok, the main pool was not operating.
For the food, the breakfast and dinner buffet were not that good; neither in terms of variety or quality...

Room Tip: Pool and pyramids view is the best; the room with two queen beds is very nice for families
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear M. Gigo_13,

I would like to apologize most sincerely for the problems you experienced with the mini bar and the air-condition in the room that you were allocated, and I would like to assure you that remedial action has already been taken.

I would like to assure you that action has already been taken as a result of your comments. Staff in the Food & Beverage Department have been reminded of their responsibilities and duties towards our guests, and of the need to maintain our usual high standards at all times.

Please accept my apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion, and my assurance that we take such comments seriously and take direct action as a result.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel over all is good and the what makes it very good are the friendly people working there, starting from the security on the gates.
The location was quite near from my places and access to the high ways were easy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mohamed A
Dear M. Mohamed A,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I specifically chose this hotel because of the beautiful main pool which is showcased on the hotel's website. During my stay, the main pool was drained and under repairs. I was very disappointed because I had specifically contacted the hotel prior to making my reservation to get confirmation that there would be no construction/renovations during my stay. The email response that I received on May 2 stated that there would not be any construction/renovation. There was construction going on when we arrived at 11:30 p.m., and I requested to change rooms. They switched us to a smaller room (for the same price), and we were further from the construction noise, but it still went on well past midnight. Also, the email address listed on the hotel's website of customerservice.01807@lemeridien.com does not work anymore. I had to send emails to the main Le Meridien email address, which then were routed to the hotel. This caused about a 48 hour response time, and I had to eventually telephone the hotel for matters that needed a timely response. I was disappointed with the appearance of the front exterior of the hotel and the hotel lobby. The outside of the hotel was utilitarian and uninviting. The hotel lobby was outdated, and the leather paperwork mats at the front desk were worn - looked old. As for the staff, I experienced issues with the front desk and house keeping. The front desk staff was not friendly and I got the impression they were bothered to attend to us (the hotel was not crowded). The front desk never acknowledged our SPG status. We experienced an issue with housekeeping where we got an extending scolding for not using the "do not disturb" sign on the day of our check out. We never got "turn down service", there was not a hair dryer in the room, the shower leaked extreme amounts of water, and the air conditioner had a controlled/preset setting at night where one cannot control the temperature of the room and it was hot. Positives: the airport transportation was excellent, the remainder of the staff was extremely friendly and warm and hospitable. I will never stay at this hotel again, and I am hesitant to ever stay at a Le Meridien hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelur
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear M. Travelur,

I would like to mention that in fact 50% of our room stock has been renovated and our plan is to begin renovating the balance of the hotel's bedrooms in addition to public areas in the very near future.

I would like to assure you that action has already been taken as a result of your comments. Staff in the Housekeeping and Front Office Departments have been reminded of their responsibilities and duties towards our guests, and of the need to maintain our usual high standards at all times.

I would also like to reconfirm that the customer service e-mail you mentioned is operational and we do receive e-mails on a daily basis.

Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Reviewed 29 July 2014

you can see the pyramids from your room and see the swimming pool in the same time the lobby of this hotel is very large and stylish and the room is very nice and you have the biggest swimming pool you can see and the restaurant is very nice and the staff is very helpful
i loved this hotel with a large garden

Room Tip: the rooms in the garden is very nice and pyramids view is nice too
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RaghdaRadwan, Manager at Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear M. magdymohey,

Yours sincerely,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
Pyramids View Inn
#1 of 40 in Giza
Barcelo Cairo Pyramids
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah

Been to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!