“nice stay and good staff”

Aracan Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Giza
Cairo, Egypt
“nice stay and good staff”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

hotel location is very good and staff was so good ,room was clean and breakfast buffet was varity ,swimming pool was a little bit small ,good food and the hotel price was value,very helpfull staff and cherfull, good choice. thanks for all staff and i'll back again

Room Tip: high floor with pyramids view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank islam122014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel is fine, breakfast included, outdoor swimming pool, food good. The problem I had was the $60 charge a night and the fact the driver was supposed to pick me up and drop me off to the airport for free, and he picked me up but didn't drop me off, saying I needed to pay him, when I was told by Mohhammad (the guide) it was free, so finally I had to get the hotel receptionist to get me a cab and got charged 120 egyptian pounds to get to the airport. The Minister of tourism-if that's even who he is- Mohhammad Shakur said he was going to arrange a ride for me which he didn't. Also if you have a driver , if he says he'll be there at 5 expect him 45 minutes later, but he'll charge you 10$/h from 5.

Room Tip: on the back of the hotel where is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dana D
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 28 May 2014

one of the best hotels i have ever visited , you feel like you are in your home.
every one give you a smile every one give you care. even they give a discounts with out asking
am in love with the environment of this hotel.

Room Tip: take the pyramids view rooms they are fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Abdallah H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you don't arrive with great expectations, this hotel is all right. Of course there were minor problems, but where aren't they?
All I want during our travelling is a clean room, with a clean bathroom and with a comfortable bed.
The quality of the food is important as well, but for me it hasn't a priority. In Rome, I was quite happy with a breakfast that was only a croissant and a cup of coffee.
Here we had a very hearty breakfast and a probably good dinner. Unfortunately I'm not too keen on Egyptian food but it is only the matter of taste.
Our room and bathroom were clean, and the staff with limited English were eager to help.
The concierges were especially very helpful. Only one of them spoke good English, but happily directed us to the market. Even downloaded the Google map of the area on his mobile, to show us the precise route that we had to follow.
The area is very shabby, full of dirt, but every part of Cairo that I have seen wasn't better looking. If you want to see the pyramids and the Egyptian Museum etc., you go to Cairo. If you want to see a clean city, go to Alexandria.
If you're on a honeymoon, don't go to this hotel. If you just want a room in the Giza area, I can recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank stinkwink
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We came with a small tour group in a van so I can't comment on the location. We stayed three nights then came back for a fourth night at the end of the two-week tour. The rooms are clean. There were communication problems with the staff because although they were all friendly some of them knew very little English. For example we thought they had forgotten to give us bath towels but in fact they were just in an unusual place so the staff brought more.

The rooms are medium size, not much furniture to store things but better than some in Europe.
There is free fast wifi in the room which we did not appreciate until we went to Aswan, Luxor and Hurghada where you are lucky to share one free 64KB line in the lobby. When we came back for the fourth night there was no internet and the staff said it might be fixed the next day (unlikely as the next day was Friday, Muslim Sabbath). Breakfast was average, scrambled eggs somewhat soggy but there were other choices including fruit.

You can buy water and snacks at reasonable prices eg 2.75 E lbs for 1.5 liter bottle of water, at a supermarket around the corner to the right from the hotel. Unlike some other hotels there was not a swarm of touts hanging around outside to sell you junk. The area is generally safe but we pushed our luck on the fourth night and walked to the market which is also to the right as you leave the hotel, walk less than ten minutes until you see a MacDonalds, then right again and you can't miss the market as it is everywhere around you. A fascinating experience and we had no isues with other people but we were the only Europeans there and common sense says this was probably risky.

The hotel has 7 floors and maybe 100 rooms but there were only 17 guests when we stayed (because of the troubles and general advice not to visit Egypt). The second night we arrived back from Alexandria after 10:30PM. Normally they close the restaurant at 10 but in this case the staff all waited and served us a full dinner although it ran well after 11. So I must give them excellent marks for service as well as attitude.

The tour claimed this was a 4 star hotel but I would rate it two, but the staff try hard and if the tourists return then they will probably upgrade a lot of things in the hotel.

Room Tip: There are at least three elevators so no problem with higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jmeem42016
Pemberton, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was lovely, but the air conditioning did not work well. Room service was good and the delivery man was kind. However the front of house staff was rude and offensive. Had the air conditioning worked well I would have given this a much better rating. Staff was not helpful with baggage. And the cleaning staff did not understand when you said you were sleeping and did not want service at 7am. Door hangers were ignored.

Room Tip: tell them to have the air conditioning already turned on for an hour before you arrive.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank RMS301

Travellers are raving about these Giza hotels

perth
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is the first experience in Egypt. It is run down, but if you look at the surrounding streets Im not surprised. 2 to 3 star at best. Stayed twice as organized by tour. Food ok. Most of the staff are nice. Most. Many small incidents happened but I will say my biggest disappointment was asking concierge for nearest place to buy snacks etc, got told that hotel approved taxi will take anywhere i want. Yeh right...thats after we stop off at every souvenir place he gets a spotters fee from. driver is a smooth talker but if you dont empty wallet your as good as dog poo to him. I never asked the concierge for anything again after that. Location? I dont think so. Nothing food wise to note. I later stayed in central Cairo and found that much better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo