I stayed here 12 nights from 28 may to 08 june. My impression about the hotel is followings -
1. Hotel is in a good locations in Mohandeseen area.
2. Cairo museum and zamalek is near by. It takes 10 min by taxi to reach cairo museum and taxi will charge 15 Egp just 2 dollar.
3. Gamet al arabia street is just 5 min walking distance where a Macdonalds and Costa Cafe available for those who wants to eat in budget. Other popular first food restaurant like pizza hut, KFC,Buskin Robins are all in walking distance.
4. Rooms are specious. I was given to a triple room 809 for a single person. Bathroom is very clean and fresh towel provided daily. Hot water was available all the time during my stay. Air conditioner was working fine. A buffet breakfast served from 06:00 to 10:00.
5. Room rate is $45 per night which is good in that area. They also arrange a airport pick up free of cost. My flight was delayed 2 hrs but still i found hotel Representative was waiting for me which i find excellent since my booking was just by mail and i did not make any payment before arrival.
6. Staffs are very nice and friendly. Specially general manager is a nice gentleman.
1. Same breakfast every day. No juice or fruits. It would be wonderful if they make some change in breakfast menu.
2. Guest are not allowed to come in your room and no food from outside allowed in the hotel. Very strange rules.
3. Carpets in the room are old.
4. One thing that really disturb me in this hotel that is you can not lock your room from inside. It happens that cleaner enter the room though you put outside a sign do not disturb. This thing disturbed me several times during my stay. Management should take some initiative to put some kind of locks or chain so that even cleaner try to open the door with their keys. They can not enter without guest approval. I was single and it disturbed me. A family might find it more disturbing.
Tips: Don,t change money in the hotel. Their exchange rate is horrible. There is a money exchange just 4 min walk near Atlas Hotel. I was offered 6.50 EGP per dollar when Bank Rate is 6.98. I changed all my money from Exchange much better rate 7.40 EGP per dollar. Any way that is Hotel Rate no complain.
Overall i recommend this hotel if above pro-con,s are suitable for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zayed Hotel is located in Mohandeseen Suburb, one of the most decent and high Standard areas about 15 minutes driving from Tahrir Square where the Egyptian Museum is located This modern hotel is strategically located This modern hotel is strategically located also about 20 minutes driving from Giza in a very quiet location overlooking green gardens and city center, the hotel is surrounded by a very popular shopping area, come & book now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Zayed Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zayed Hotel Cairo
- Zayed Hotel Egypt/Giza