Indiana Hotel
US$121
US$63
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswith free wi ficairo towercleaned every daylarge bathroomenjoyed my staydeluxe roomi highly recommend this hotelsupermarketnileembassiesrepairrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We came to stay in the Indiana hotel in a package deal during a Shoestring Egypt trip.Not a very exciting, somewhat run down place, the Indiana offers adequate lodgings quite close to cairo city centre. Breakfast offering is very meagre if you are not into the local bean dishes. Rooms are very different from one another. The first room we were offered was not clean (bed linen seemed used, possibly by day guests that had used the room before they took the late night flight?). Second one was fine, quite spacious and reasonably quiet. Plumbing was quite poor, bathroom completely out of date. Staff was friendly and helpful however. Swimming pool was not open in december.
All in all only barely adequate. Nevertheless we did sleep quite well in the Indiana.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
15  Thank batavenoir
Indianahotel, Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and efforts to write about your feedback on your recent stay at the Indiana Hotel, We really appreciate your positive comments you were so kind to give on the Hotel aspects and services, and I was delighted to read that the service were up to your expectations, I will share your positive comments with the hotel team that certainly will encourage them to continuously improve the quality of service.

Meanwhile, pertaining to the other comments, please rest assured that we take all the necessary measures to identify means of development and improvement to elevate the hotel facilities.

We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We look forward to have the pleasure of seeing you once again where you would experience and touch the value of progressionin Indiana Hotel Soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here as part of a Topdeck tour which was aimed at the more 'rustic' end of the market. Indiana Hotel does however has certain plusses (and minuses), which would explain the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor.
Located on the west bank of the Nile, away from downtown, I managed a full night's sleep without being woken by the call to prayer, which is actually impressive when you take into account Cairo is the city of a thousand mosques. It's a safe area surrounded by hospitals, but not much in the way of restaurants or shopping.
The rooms appeared to have been re-done recently and I have no complaints about the decor or cleanliness.
A problem encountered all over Egypt and the Middle East is hot water, which I could not muster at the Indiana either. For a few hours there wasn't any water full stop. Also, as well decorated as the rooms were, none of the lamps or the fridge either didnt work or had anywhere to be plugged into.
The breakfast was the usual plain fare I encountered everywhere, the pool was closed (being winter) but apart from that not too bad.

Room Tip: Spend less time in the elevator by being on a lower floor. They are remarkably slow at times.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
22  Thank PhilHootz

Dear Guest,

We look forward to have the pleasure of seeing you once again where you would experience and touch the value of progression in Indiana Hotel Soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 18 January 2012

The subject says it all. This honestly was the worst hotel I ever stayed at. I think I stayed here for a total of 3 days as part of a TopDeck tour. Check-in staff are blasé and don’t care.

The rooms are filthy. I had to sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the bed.
The bathrooms almost made me vomit and I had to tip toe everywhere in my flip flops. I understand Egypt is not a modern developed country but I have been to other countries of similar status and found much better hotels and customer service.

There is a Sheraton a couple of minutes walk away and I actually went there a few times to use the facilities.

Breakfast can be described as poor at best. The plates or not even clean...it’s hit and miss, some are some aren’t. The furniture and decor in general is very dated and stained.

On the plus side, the location is decent and some fast food outlets and convenience stores nearby. The area seemed fairly safe when strolling outside.

Basically I would avoid this hotel. Having experienced this place, I would never stay at a so called 3 star in Egypt again. Spend a bit more and at least get a clean room and bathroom

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank smEssex79
Indianahotel, Manager at Indiana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Our Dear Respected Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a your review of Indiana Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked.

However, Life had changed a lot since your visit to us in February 2011, it is almost a year now !
Even Cairo Sheraton is Completely Closed Now due to problems, and do not forget that this was during the Egyptian Revolution, were the whole country was at a crisis time.

Moreover, I would like to point out the fact that almost all the recent reviews in the last 8months gave us 4 and 5 stars and the guests were completely satisfied and Praised our service and cleanliness , and they also Praised our staff and how they are very friendly and helpful.

Kindly also note that we had renovated a lot of areas and rooms according to a plan we are working on, and we will continue to renovate the rest in Indiana Hotel as planned.

Moreover, we are always taking all the reviews in our consideration as we strive to correct any problem, and give the best service to our guests.

Please know that I will immediately address your concerns with my team to ensure that these types of mistakes are addressed and corrected.

Dear Guest again I am sorry for any inconvenience, and we do hope that you will stay with us again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel is not a five starred one, but it provides you the best value mainly for its location, price and the service. Indiana Hotel is Located in middle of everywhere you want to go in Giza! Moreover, it offers you the good basic accommodation with the right price that you need.

I stayed in a standard room during January. Room was nice, clean and well maintained. TV is old but has decent channel selection. Also the free buffet breakfast is adequate.

For backpackers, or even for a family, I think the place is right. Some shops, Domino’s Pizza, KFC and a good supermarket are just within walking distance.

One appreciation is the service. The staffs, the front office, restaurant and the room service staffs are very competent, smiley and so helpful. I did really feel at home Thank you guys !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
27  Thank Ethan J
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Indiana Hotel is in a great location in heart of Giza, and a great home base to tour Egypt. It's not the Four Seasons; rather, it's a quaint, local hotel that's much more indicative of the culture and environment. The hotel itself is not big but aesthetically nice. The lobby is comfortable and there are plenty of places to lounge. Breakfast is included in the rate; it's buffet-style, pretty decent. Moreover, the Staff is very friendly and helpful.
I was in room 312, it was huge and clean, and the bathroom is modern. My only gripe was that my mattress was a little firm. However, after a full day of sightseeing in the city at I can hardly remember falling asleep!
Certainly I Would Recommend Indiana Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
23  Thank bethrichie

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel,we really appreciate it.

To reach a great guest experience is a must for us at Indiana Hotel, and we work very hard for it,.

I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon again at Indiana Hotel