Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Giza
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending a night and enjoy a family wedding there. Was lucky tp stay at a premier room and had a lovely time. Rooms are spacious! ... bathroom is perfect... beds are too comfy, breakfast was very nice... also the fact that there's a mall is great, as I wanted to get my hair done..so instead of driving in traffic all I had to do was simply go downstairs to find mohamed sagheer salon :).. will definitely visit again !

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lulueg
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Lulueg,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. So glad to read you and your family enjoyed your stay and congratulations on the wedding. The convenience of being part of the First Complex, including the First Mall truly is an asset and you experienced the convenience of the proximity to the hair salon that most our guests find to be a great plus.. We look forward to your next visit, and we are looking forward to your earliest return.

Randy Shimabuku

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 30 December 2013

staff was marvelous and service was more than great.
the only place you feel like home. every body there was at my service. I felt like I am at home, the trained experienced staff made life easy during my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Bader A,

Happy New Year

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to have you stay with us and glad you felt at home as nothing makes us more happy to have our guests have a second home feeling when they stay with us. I will be sure to rely your comments to the team. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I can't find enough words to describe my deep anger from the experience I had at this hotel, that was terrifying and unexpected at all, I booked one week over the phone, I arrived on time but unfortunately they informed me that I must leave my car and the car key to the concierge to park in the garage and if I need anything from my car they will open it and bring it to me!!! .it is the first time in my life either in Egypt or outside Egypt to have this system at any hotel. At the end, I accepted to leave the car but the car key must be remain with me as we cannot leave it for any one in Egypt especially during this unrest condition. But they refused at all and insist to have the car key as they will, in a daily basis, drive it from one garage level to another which I refuse. The receptionist also was not helpful. I cannot imagine that I will pay the parking fees and at the same time the car and the key not with me and if I need anything from my car , I must ask the concierge and he will open it and bring the belongs to me!!! You can apply any security system but you must not harm the others. I decided to leave the hotel immediately and I went at the same moment to another hotel where they welcome us and provided me with all needed without any prior booking.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emad K
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Emad K,

We take our guests concerns and grievances very serious, and do understand your position. We wanted to clarify and explain our procedures to you, in order to clarify this to you and help make you understand our reasoning for doing so. As a hotel we offer a valet service only, which is not the same as a self-park where you personally park and take your own car keys with you. In addition, the reasoning for leaving the keys with Guest Services is for your property's safety in our premises. Should any emergency occur our respective teams would need to have immediate access to the car keys for security precautions. These procedures are put in place, with our guests interests put in high regard.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and as discussed in our telephone conversation, we are more than happy to arrange a meeting with our Director of Security to discuss anymore concerns you may have.

Sincerely.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had a phenomenal stay at the Four Seasons at The First Residence. We had an upper floor Nile View Premier Room that was spacious, comfortable, and inspiring. Service was outstanding throughout, as expected from any FS. Under different circumstances we might have chosen the other FS property in Cairo (Nile Plaza) because it is newer, but the fact that The First Residence is a safe distance away from Tahrir Square and other potentially 'hot' points makes this one the best hotel in Cairo, by far. The combination of fresh goat cheese with honey scraped from a hanging honeycomb was a yummy treat at breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for Nile View Rooms -- they're worth every penny.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear AACN,

Thank you for choosing The First Residence for your trip! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to review us is very much appreciated. I have noted your comments on the breakfast and passed these on to our STRADA team, it is indeed a very popular organic option we love to offer our guests, we are glad you enjoyed it!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Greetings & Happy Holidays

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

...is that you will have to eventually leave. In terms of amenities it is what you would come to expect from top of the range hotels, but the quality of service and attention to detail from the staff just made this an incredibly memorable experience. Truly a remarkable hotel.

In terms of suggestions for improvement, the breakfast buffet could have done with more variety (suggest a look at the Four Seasons Riyadh). Sound-proofing the rooms against the din of the Cairo traffic would also have been nice, but this was hardly a deal-breaker - after a few hours in Cairo, the traffic noise becomes secondary.

All in though, one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, definitely a high floor on the Nile River side. That said, waking up to the soun...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Imrancid,

You had us there for a second at the beginning of your review, nice one! We noted your comments on the breakfast and are working towards adjusting to your suggestions. Thank you very much for your comments it is guests like you that help us improve and want to give you better service the next time around.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Cairo's premiere address.

Happy Holidays.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've been traveling and staying in hotels for over 20 years now, and stopped writing hotel reviews about 5 years ago, as it seemed that there were already so many reviews already logged for each hotel. But, after 3 days at the Four Seasons in Giza, I feel I have to post my first Tripadvisor review in a long time. My wife, 3-yr old daughter, and I just experienced the most impressive service we have ever received, not just at a hotel, but any establishment. From the first second that we walked through the door, dozens of staff made us feel at home as if they had known us for years. In addition to making a flawless Thanksgiving dinner for us on less than 12 hours notice, they had a special, huge smiley-face cookie and chocolate truffle lollipops for our daughter, and a special cake marking the anniversary of our engagement. As my daughter screamed excitedly, as she jumped up and down, 'this is a lucky day'. Of course, the pool area, restaurants, massage service at the spa, and kids club are all great. But, it's the service that is unsurpassable. Well done, Four Seasons. Thank you to all of the staff that made our visit so memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Imrancid,

We noted your comments on the breakfast and are working towards adjusting to your suggestions. Thank you very much for your comments it is guests like you that help us improve and want to give you better service the next time around so you notice a difference when you stay with again

we hope to welcome you back soon, I am sure future guests will take into consideration your trusty tips!

Best Regards and Happy Holidays
-Randy Shimabuku
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I attended a meeting there, didn't accommodate, but what I had seen is enough to confess that is the best hotel I had ever seen, staff are extremely helpful, cheerful, complimentary and always greeting.
I decided to spend part of my honeymoon vacation here, I guess that the experience will be extremely enjoyable and ultimately great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Mohamed E,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence and we are happy to hear your meeting was such a great experience for you. We are excited that you and your bride will spend part of your honeymoon with us, and hope that it will be an enjoyable experience as well. Again thank you for taking the time to review us we welcome you back soon.

Randy Shimabuku
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
#1 of 41 in Giza
Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence? Share your experiences!