“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Giza
CAIRO
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is getting better ! I believe the new management should take credit for this.

Strada, the main restaurant is offering better selection now and the service is top notch.

La Gourmandise, the cafe at the mall attached to the hotel, is very convenient for breakfast, lunch or even some casual business meetings. The management team and the staff are great.

Also, I would like to thank the security team at the mall for being vigilant and looking after the kids and making sure they are within the mall's boundaries and ok.

The valet personnel are very attentive and polite. The only issue I faced with one of them was swiftly corrected by management.

Check in and check out were simple and fast and the front desk staff are extremely welcoming and courteous.

I would like to thank the hotel's General Manager, Mr. Mahmoud El Keiy, for his warm note.

We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mahmoud E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear M-Elgawhergy,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with our new menu selection and service at Strada, and La Gourmandise. The Four Seasons strives for continuous improvement in order to always deliver the best service possible to all our valued guests. Thank you for noting that you were satisfied with our security services, and valet parking services. Please never hesitate to notify us when faced with any inconveniences during your stay and we will be sure to address them.I would be honored to welcome you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Mahmoud Elkeiy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love staying at the Four Seasons whenever I am in Cairo for business. The whole experience is always a delight. It remains a mystery to me how they remember my name when I move around the hotel when I generally only stay there twice a year. How they acknowledge your stays as a valued guest in other Four Seasons in the World is also nice. The restaurant staff are charming, the staff generally all over the hotel cannot do enough for you. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with comfy beds and pillows which ensures a restful night, cleanliness is of a high standard I love the fact that the gym is open all night so I have full flexibility, this is not always the case with other hotels. Staff are discreet but responsive when you need them. It really is a haven of peace and tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of Cairo. The Four Seasons just have a great way of making you feel special and recognised, a real personal touch. With the recent elections in Egypt complete, there is a renewed positivity to the country and I do now hope more people will return to enjoy this lovely country again and of course enjoy the Four Seasons experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Budzywest
Dear Budzywest,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Four Seasons at the First residence, Thank you for noting that you found comfort in our bedrooms, and that you were pleased with our hygiene standards. I am glad you enjoyed our fitness center at your luxury.As always, the Four seasons would gladly adjust its facilities to accommodate our guests' preferences and schedules. Thank you again for your kind comments, and I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to our Hotel during your next visit to Cairo.

Best Wishes,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over Christmas vacation. Accommodation wise, the hotel lives up to the high four seasons hotel standards. Good service, clean rooms, safe hotel, etc. I wouldn't say the hotel is huge, but it's certainly a nice refuge from busy Cairo. The only drawback I found was the location. It's it Giza which is near the pyramids, but slightly outside of the center of Cairo, which can be a traffic nightmare to go to. Nonetheless, when I return to Cairo I would probably like to explore a new hotel, but I am confident that if I don't find anywhere new, then I would be happy to go back to this one.

Stayed December 2013
Mahmoud E, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Chris S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. The streets in Cairo tend to be congested so I hope this was not too inconvenient for you. We hope to welcome you back at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence during your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would highly recommend this to all. One of the best in Egypt and in the world. I stayed here for 4 nights and it was indeed a good one. Staff is courteous in every section/function. Interiors are luxorious, bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and overlooking the Nile river. Lovely pool and hospitable staff. Well done

Room Tip: Choose Nile river side views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sajeek19,

It is with great pleasure we receive your valuable reviews and that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always, we strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience, whilst staying with us, and we are happy that this was indeed the case. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you stay with us in your future visits to Cairo.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I enjoyed being pampered at this luxury hotel where guest safety and comfort was paramount. Bags were screened on every entry and lifts were operated by the room key card. This system, although implemented for guest security, did fail on three occasions during my brief stay. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and amenities in the room were top quality. The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and the staff attended to guests discretely. Room service was prompt and flexible catering to guest requests. This hotel was expensive but worth the price for a safe and carefree stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MahmoudElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Max2939156,

I am delighted to hear your stay was safe and carefree, thank you for noting our breakfast buffet and room service as excellent, we appreciate that you had a great brief stay. I do apologize for the key card glitch we sometimes encounter technical faults with our machines, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to review us once again.

We look forward to your return soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The service was beyond exceptional from the customer service desk to housekeeping to the front entrance attendants. It was almost as if they anticipated our needs then provided the service before we asked. Unbelievably friendly and guest oriented. The pool is lovely, the hotel welcoming and relaxing after a busy day of site seeing. We loved the beautiful floral displays and the hotel's fresh, clean smell. I would like to extend my special thanks to Ramadan Hassan, Asst Mgr of La Gourmandise Restaurant, for his extraordinary service and friendliness. Mohamed Arafa was also very attentive and made our stay more delightful. We were definitely spoiled at this hotel and will continue to book at Four Seasons Hotels during our international travels.

Room Tip: We preferred the "pyramids view" as opposed to the "Nile view". The Nile view ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I didn't take a room here; I attended a business conference. From the valets that are present to open your car door and the entrance door, hotel personnel are Johnny-On-The-Spot to ensure that you are being taken care of and you are satisfied.

The one instance that makes me grit my teeth - and this has happened numerous times to me at the Four Seasons Giza - is the security at the entrance; they have the metal detector turned up so high that you can't enter without setting off the alarm, no matter how insignificant a piece of metal you have in your pocket. And they don't dare allow you to proceed without running their wand over you. I don't know where they found this guy; he's anal retentive. The hotel management needs to send him to Tel Aviv so he can learn how to profile the guests instead of irritating them.

But here's a tip: security at the Four Seasons mall entrance right next door aren't so obnoxious, so enter there and then make your way into the conference rooms.

Once on the "functions" level, wait staff are pleasant, attentive and eager to please.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MahmoudElKeiy, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Douglas A,

As a return guest to the hotel, I am delighted to hear that you are satisfied by our service and attention to personal care. Thank you for taking the time to write out your comments regarding our entrance and security procedures. As a hotel we are fully committed to continuously improve the quality of our standards within our hotel. My team and I will investigate more into your comments, and would be happy to arrange for a meeting with our Director of Security to discuss your comments in more detail. Our aim is whilst adhering to our security policies and procedures, to make this experience a more enjoyable one for you.

Please feel free to email on mahmoud.elkeiy@fourseasons.com should I be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud Elkeiy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giza
Mena House Hotel
#1 of 41 in Giza
Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence? Share your experiences!