“Superb Quality!”

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Superb Quality!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My review says that I visited this shop in April of this year, but in truth it was April 2000. Trip Advisor is lacking a year selection option, at least on the mobile site. So why am I writing a review 14 years after my visit?

Well, it's very simple- 14 YEARS after purchasing the oils I still have them and they still smell perfect. They have not gone bad and, because you only need a drop or two at a time to make yourself smell totally delicious, they also still haven't run out. Admittedly it was my mother who had possession of them for over 10 years, and she never wore perfume daily. But still. The bottle she used to use was half full when I inherited it 3 years ago, and that's in spite of her siphoning some off for me into a bottle of my own at some point. Can you believe it? You better!! Quality of this kind is a very rare treat! I found these reviews when searching for the shop online. I want more. I have no idea how much they cost as it was a family holiday and the bill went to my parents but you can bet I'll be treating myself to some more at some point! The lotus flower oil is simply divine and I'm betting the jasmine is pretty damned good too.....

I don't have much memory of the shop itself. Just being brought in, treated very nicely and given some tea whilst being shown the oils. But I'm less interested in the experience and more interested in the quality- completely pure perfume oil! If it were not so, they would have gone bad years ago. They haven't. I just put some lotus on a moment ago and as am as happy with the smell as I've ever been! If you're not into chemicals or alcohol based perfume, then I cannot recommend this enough! And if you do prefer eau de toilette, you can always make your own!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Mary_1867

Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Avoid - hard sell, prices deceptive, and I did not ask for it on my tour”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I loved egypt overall, and while this is good, they do not explain their pricing very well.

We thought we were spending $100 for 6 bottles, but in fact it was $500 which only came to light after the sale had been ringed through.

Am an experienced traveler, knew it would be 'hard sell' situation, - i.e sit down, drink coffee, listen listen listen - and my friend and I still felt swindled.
Avoid avoid avoid - or get in writing how much you are spending before you hand your cards over.

Watch your tour iteninary carefully - and get any non essential ' directive shopping' off the agenda. I'd far rather give my guide a hefty tip and avoid this situation.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank DontLikeTheRain
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Egyptian experience, great value”
Reviewed 18 January 2008

I was initially skeptical of the stop at a 'perfume factory' our private tour guide took us on (having been sidelined to "jade factories" in Bejing, "jewelry factories" in Bangkok, etc). However, this was a wonderful experience, and definitely recommended if you are in the Giza area, near the pyramids. We watched their glass blower blowing intricate perfume bottles on the ground floor, after which we were taken to the well-appointed second floor, and shown newspaper articles documenting the historical presence and reputability of the shop (dignitaries from all over have shopped there). Mr. Fayed then sat with us and gave us an olfactory tour of the various essences they specialize in, along with some hot tea or coffee, sharing the recipe for the "secret" cream (of course using one of the essences they sold) Cleopatra herself use to use to keep her skin beautiful- I'm going to try it for sure, worth a shot ;-) He also was able to identify the raw essential oil that comprises popular french perfumes-- and he seemed very accurate, to my nose. Of course, we ended up buying a box of the oils each-- but we were both so happy with our purchases, and its been fun making eau de toilettes to share with freinds as a souvenir of the trip (instructions included!). To top it off, at our visit Mr. Fayed promised us a "lifetime gaurantee" that should the oil ever break while in the original bottle, he would replace it for free. Well, lo and behold when I unpacked my suitcase (damn the liquids in carry on ban) one of the 4 bottles had broken). After emailing him my receipt and dimensions of the bottle, I indeed received a new one in the mail this week!
We really enjoyed our experience there, it ended up not being an inexpensive stop, but a very enjoyable one and it was a tremendous value, compared to perfume at the duty free! Would definitely recommend!

13 Thank callippo