Helnan Aswan Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$55
US$39
US$38
US$29
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnile rivernice hotelshower doorabu simbelthe main hotelbuffet dinnerpool sideenjoyed my stayelephantine islandbalconyriversidecarriagecruiseatmluxuryboxesmarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Great place, great food, great location!! Definately enjoyed my stay here... nothing bad to say!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2011

In the midst of a tour of Egypt and Turkey, we landed at the Iberotel in Aswan. A vast soulless, marble mausoleum. Could have been anywhere in the world, nothing local about this place at all. And when we requesed a room with a balcony, so we could enjoy sitting out watching the sun set over the Nile, we were told by Fayed that the hotel was full. Now I very much dislike being lied to and I was certainly lied to by Fayed. It was obvious that the hotel was barely half full ( confirmed in fact by the water at dinner, less than 100 rooms were occupied ). There has to be better than this.

Room Tip: Don't ask Fayed for help
  • Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank tjlcad
GMAswan, Manager at Helnan Aswan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

First, let me thank you for having chosen Iberotel Aswan.

I do under stand how disappointting it can be, when your request are not met, as we are aiming
to satisfy our guests, and make their visit to Aswan as comfortable and unforgatable as it is expected.
Our main building consist of 8 Executive Suites and 137 rooms out of it 75 with balcony and 62 with large windows all are with the Nile View.
On April 25 your arrival day, all the balcony rooms were occupied and some of the window rooms, your group had balcony and/or widow rooms. Unfortuantley we didn't have the chance to fulfil your request, kindly address us with your request with balcony room to be preblocked before your arrival, nevertheless, please advise me personally to upgrade you to an Executive Suite with a balcony.

Please, accept our appologies and we would be delighted to welcome you again at Iberotel Aswan.

Sincerely yours,

Massar Anwar

Reviewed 27 April 2011

I hated this hotel. I had a room near the pool and it was quite a distance from the reception an restaurant. Food was below average. The phone in my room didn't work and they were not capable of fixing it. Everytime I had a shower it leaked and water rain all the way from the bathroom into the bedroom area. They advertised a mini bar, there was a fridge but there was nothing in it. The hotel is a long way from the main town shops etc. You are constantly harrassed by people in the hotel shops and from the Spa, the people from the spa walk all over the hotel all day and night trying to drum up business. As I said I hated this hotel and would never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank lesleygale
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed here as part of a tour and after the hotel in Cairo we probably weren't expecting much!! So the Iberotel was quite a pleasant surprise. Situated right on the Nile River, with great views it's a convenient place to stay. We had a room away from the main hotel building - closer to the river. It was clean, pleasantly decorated, comfortable and had a nice bathroom. Our two adult daughters were in the main building and their room was good too. We enjoyed sitting on our terrace watching the Nile water traffic! We ate in the hotel cafe one night and must say the service was amazingly slow and the food was ordinary - better to go to one of the restaurants in town - which we did after that first night. Breakfast, which was included in the tour price was fine - all the normal food you'd expect in a buffet breakfast. All in all we were happy with this hotel and would consider returning if we went back to Aswan.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I stayed only one night at this hotel but I found the room very clean and very accomodating. I had a balcony with view of the Nile River which were spectacular. As for the noise, I never heard anything from my room and I faced out to the street. Yes there was noice but really nothing to the degree I've read on this site!...The service was excellent and the everyone was very friendly. The pool area where the villas where located is beautiful. I sat at one of the tables facing out to the Nile with a wonderful local fruit drink and felt like Queen Cleopatra herself!....I do recommend this hotel.... If you are interested in seeing pictures of the hotel and views I created a blog documenting my trip to Egypt that you are welcome to view.... http://julieredhead.blogspot.com

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo