“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glory of Nubia - Day Tours

Glory of Nubia - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Glory of Nubia is an exclusive felucca on the Nile in Aswan. It's designed with attention to tradition and style in order to satisfy the needs of those seeking nothing but the best. the Glory of Nubia offers daily tours in Aswan, and adventurous Nile cruises to Daraw, Kom Ombo and Edfu. Welcome on board!
AUSTRALIA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Wow what a felucca .
It is very difficult to add more comments about this Felucca you really have to experience it yourself.
From the luxury, cold drinks on arrival.
The cup of tea in the fine china with cake.
Dinner on the roof top.
The staff with happy smiling faces.
We only did 2 day trips I could only imaging what it would have been like if it would have been overnight.
Keep up the great service I would rate this better than a Nile Cruise

2 Thank KEVLOVESJULES

Stockholm, Sweden
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Magical felucca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

I did many felucca trips on the Glory of Nubia. It's one of the best feluccas I've ever seen in Upper Egypt. Extremely spacious, fabulous Nubian food including water and soft drinks, comfortable mattresses and winter blankets, professional crew, Australian-style camping toilet, solar energy system and more importantly a unique cozy mood in the evening with the brass lanterns and the oriental and traditional details. I also think that it's the only felucca that has a hard top so it’s possible to use the upper deck for sun-bathing or to enjoy meals in the evening when the felucca is moored. Once I slept on the upper deck under the stars. It was magical.

I shouldn’t forget to mention Captain Oucha and his crew. They are friendly, professional and excellent entertainers. They always entertained us in the evenings with their Nubian songs, drums around campfires. It’s one-in-a-lifetime adventure. I highly recommend the Glory of Nubia tours.

CHEERS

5 Thank Mofissio
Toronto, Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Cleopatra never had it this good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

While I was in Aswan in March, I had the great good fortune to spend some time touring the Nile aboard the very glorious Glory of Nubia. Travelling the Nile right down on the river, vs up on a cruise boat, you get a whole different perspective of the river. It really is a liquid highway, and a vibrant community.

Without question, the Glory of Nubia is the most gorgeous felucca on the Nile River. The owner of the boat obviously has gone to great lengths to ensure passenger safety and comfort. Every time we passed another touring felucca, people were scrambling for their cameras to take pix. (Wow...my own papparazzi???) The captain and crew are a credit to the Nubians, ever friendly and welcoming. The on-board chef cooks up some of the best food I had in Aswan. I highly recommend lazing away an afternoon on the Nile river.

The owner of the Glory of Nubia was also able to assist me with some sightseeing around Egypt, guides, ground transportation, etc., so consider building a little of that in, too. I was terrifically pleased with their services (http://thefreelancers.info/).

3 Thank flyinmom
hot springs arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience on the Nile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

Glory of Nubia was an amazing way to spend a day on the Nile. Laying on plush pillows while sailing around the Nile was surreal. Getting on the boat was sort of like stepping into an Arabian nights setting. Definitely a major step up from the typical felucca tours that we saw. We spent the day on the felucca, rode camels to a Nubian village (fun!), and ended up with dinner on the Glory of Nubia with dancing around a campfire at the base of a dune next to the Nile. A truly unique experience. If you are in the Aswan area, the Glory of Nubia is a must do!

1 Thank pekII