“Best Restaurant Ever!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A fabulous environment in which to savour the absolutely delicious food and be served by staff who make the experience unforgettable. A place where politicians, actors, prime ministers and kings have all eaten. My Chinese wife has experienced Michelin star restaurants the world over, and ranks this as the best overall dining experience ever.

2  Thank Michael M
There are newer reviews for 1902 Restaurant

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Not just another night out. This hotel just topped my ultimate experience at the French Riviera. We saw the Agatha Kirstie suite for $4000 per night and watched the sunset on the terrace. Nothing as romantic as the Nile. At the 1902 we had lobster bisque & foie gras and the glazed duck breast & sammous (oh my out of this world). Piano music and although we were told not to have Egyptian wine omar Khayyam was good. Still the best part was Samag! Great service!

4  Thank Adele G
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This restaurant is a must if visiting Aswan.I took my wife here for valentine's dinner while we were staying in Aswan and enjoyed a fantastic set menu. The food and service was of 'michelin' standard and within the setting of a magnificant room it made for a beautiful evening. Many thanks to all the staff for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This restaurant is formal dining. The men may have to wear a tie and jacket but it all adds to the ambience. There are both a set menu & an à la carte one. Mrs eLaReF had tried the set one previously and found out there was too much food, so we opted for à la carte this time.
Our main entrées were the Lamb and Beef dishes, but no matter what you order extra items appear such as a small fish-based appetiser first, a small lemon sorbet to clean your pallet, a small pot of yogurt/cheese(?) dip to go with my very long and thin breadsticks (which I loved – I had 5 of them!) so you get more cutlery than you think you will need.
Once again on this holiday, Mrs eLaReF had no room for dessert. This is a major problem because they are one of her main reasons for the booking!
Can’t comment on the wine since I didn’t have any.
As expected the staff were discretely efficient, appearing just after a plate was cleared, or a glass needed replenishment, which is exactly as I would expect.

4  Thank eLaReF
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This place gets you back to the 1900s.
Amazing food and the interior design of the restaurant (and hotel) is beyond your imagination.
The waiter named Elia is the best waiter we have ever seen.
The place is expensive, yet really deserves if your looking for a super place for an unforgettable occasion.

2  Thank Ramy W