“Glad we visited whilst still open”

Mausoleum of Aga Khan
Book In Advance
More Info
US$21.00*
and up
Private Felucca Tour: Aswan Botanic Gardens
Ranked #14 of 36 things to do in Aswan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Whilst nile cruising we visited the Aga Khan Mausoleum twice, the second time I was lucky to be able to add my name to the visitors book as it was very quiet.

Not long after we were told it was closed to visitors.

Quite sad that we are no longer able to visit, the scenery is brilliant, I remember at the time it was a bit of a trek but now so glad we did it.

2  Thank Egypt4201
"felucca"
"sail"
"trees"

Reviewed 7 February 2014

If you want to spend a hot afternoon coming up here the view is amazing. However it quite a treck and not for the un-fit

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was in Aswan last week(27th & 28th July),i was told by one of the locals that the Aga Khan's Mausoleum was closed 15 years ago because someone set a fire in there and there were no plans to reopen it.How true this is i don't know but it's a shame,me and my husband were in Aswan in 1991 and went inside the Mausoleum and i remember thinking what a beautiful building it was,what a waste,it was a big tourist attraction.

3  Thank lindacartwright_13
Reviewed 27 April 2013

You can not actually apporoach the Mausoleum as it is kept private - it is a splendid building and can be seen from the Nile. The story of how the Aga Khan came to be so devoted to Aswan is very touching.

2  Thank Adriaan G