“Just Beautiful”

US$26.00*
Nubian Village Excursion from Aswan
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Aswan
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Everything about the village was beautiful.
The people are so kind and giving. The scenes are breathtaking! If you're in Aswan, you can not miss this!!!!

There are newer reviews for Nubian Village

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Go over on the public ferry which costs E£1. I've read the village(s) described as a tourist trap. It's not. Despite being on Elephantine Island and so close to the touristy things, it's mostly untouched by tourism. Just narrow little alleys with colourfully painted houses and Nubian people going about their everyday lives, gossiping, stitching, cleaning the utensils, cooking food. There are in fact 2 villages separated by some lush farmland. Ask around and you can arrange felucca trips from here, too. See separate recommendation for Ashraf, who lives on the far side of the island opposite Kitchener's Island. If you want to really get away from it all, there are some places to stay - try Ashraf, or the Nubian Guesthouse at the N end behind the monstrous hotel. (Or, I suppose, the Movenpick itself if that's your style!)

2  Thank bartonwood
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Wow is all I can say. The small motor boat ride from my Rihanna Dahabiya was just beautiful. We motored slowly through the beautiful waters and winding channels of the Aswan end of the Nile area. Little island sanctuaries of wildlife and lovely waters. Finally arriving to the edge of the desert to be met by Nubian leader and many camels to choose from for the 20 minute camel ride to the village. It was like just in the movies. Slopping sand dunes right down to the river's edge and riding a camel along the ridges with fantastic views of the river Nile. What an wonderful experience - so many memories and so many fantastic photos (even if I do say so myself). My guide and I arrived at the residence of a local who hosted us and provided deliciously cold Hibiscus Tea (made with spring bottled water) and Turkish coffee and some local snacks. Interesting..............I was brave and tried it as one should! We were allowed to wonder up to the roof top area of our host's house and then we walked around the village. It was a quiet time of year but never the less a few people around. We returned to the cruise boat Rihanna Dahabiya by motor boat. Also just had to get a henna tattoo (only lasts a couple of weeks). The artist was our host's wife - what lovely faces Nubian women have. The whole visit to the village is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A wide variety to see and the locals were charming. Croc babies abound and camels too. Worth a trip and value for money

Reviewed 15 October 2013

the village is on elephantine island, a water taxi ride from the aswan small boat jetty.you need a guide, a nubian chap who will
take you round the village pointing out things of interest, see their
animals and agriculture, the guide lives on the island and his house is a museum, of which he is very proud, he has many local nubian artifacts also some small crocadiles which you can pick up and have your photograph taken. this guide is a wonderful chap and very proud of his heritage, the trip finishes off with a tour round elephantine island and back to the jetty.