“Great location, view, and the most helpful staff I encountered in Egypr”

Marhaba Palace Hotel
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
London
“Great location, view, and the most helpful staff I encountered in Egypr”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Came to Aswan after touring North of Egypt after staying in Cairo and also on a Nile Cruise, visiting our 3rd hotel and being very disappointed immediately asked our guide for a recommendation - and the Marharba did not disappoint. It made it a perfect end to the trip. Genuine souk markets, eateries, pharmacies not more than a few metres away. The view from our room was of the Nile, the Peace Gardens, and opposite the Nile was the Tombs of the Nobles which look great when lit up at night. The Staff were amongst the friendliest egyptians I met on the entire trip. The bellboy actually took us on a tour of the surroundings and places (with no incentive of backshish from aformentioned places!), the room cleaners were thorough and prompt, right up to the General Manager Ismail, whom I agreed with my girlfriend was the nicest Egyptian we met on the entire holiday. Being in a foreign country my girlfriend said this was the place where she felt the most at home and relaxed. If you're a tip scrooge, you'll still be leaving your biggest ones here!
Pros: Location, Staff, View, Roof Terrace resteraunt
Cons: If I'm forced to think of any - No Alcohol Served, not allowed to bring food in from outside

Room Tip: Ask Mr Ismail for a Nile-facing room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank chrisnsx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two night. We got two rooms(we have 2 children) overlooking the Nubian tombs (which are lit up at night) and the Nile river. The view was spectacular, the manager was always available and asking if we needed anything, all the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good and the rooms were nice and clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back to the same hotel when we visit Aswan in the future. You can have a drink and or dinner on the roof with an even better view than from our rooms. I don't think there would be a hotel in Aswan that has a better view or is better value for money.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the Nile river on the 4 floor or higher for a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Phil C
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I booked this place because all the higher rated hotels on Tripadvisor were full. Based on other reviews I expected a decent, if not exactly inspiring, experience - and that's what I got.

Staff are nice people, but rooms are rather dingy, mine had small windows (you might be able to get a better one, ask to see several) and a balcony with Nile views so small that it wasn't really usable. Noisy aircon but no fan - bad for sleeping. Breakfast was ok but not as impressive as some of the reviews have suggested. Staff try to be helpful but are rather haphazard.

This is basically trying to be a 'proper' hotel, offering a pool, cafe and several other amenities, but it's not really doing them well and feels tired. Smaller, more friendly places work out better, I find. I might have given three stars based on the efforts of the staff, but this was the most expensive of three places I stayed in Egypt and the least good. So unimpressive value.

Suggest trying other places but consider this if they are full. Nothing to be scared of, just not very good.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Longtalljohnnie

Travellers are raving about these Aswan hotels

Aswan, Egypt
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel 3 nights I found all staff to be polite and friendly, and the manager when out of his way to help on any problem I had. I was especially satisfied with the breakfast that was included in the price. throughly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask, rooms facing River Nile are very nice, to stay in
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank roskrugeja
Lancashire England
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a short visit. I was very impressed with the standard and the helpfulness of the manager and staff. I have nothing but praise for the way that this hotel is managed and run as nothing was too much trouble and was done with willingness and friendliness. Overall I would have no hesitation in visiting this hotel again and hopefully longer to full benefit from all the facilities on offer. Would definately recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: All rooms are well equiped and clean I personally do not have a preference to which I stay in.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sue P
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We went to the Marhaba Palace in the end of our vication. It was the best desicion we could make. We got great value for that what we paid. The location is very nice. The rooftop was a great experiance especially for the sunset. We had a great time in the hotel.

Room Tip: Nileview is what you should get.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Stefan H
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My friends and I stayed in this hotel on our trip to Aswan. Even though there are ruins to see in Aswan, we liked the hotel so much that we actually never left it other than to walk around the corniche. That might sound strange, but after traveling around Upper Egypt for a few days, we were really tired and this hotel offered everything we needed. First, the view from the rooftop is amazing, it's modern, comfortable and has a full service cafe (but no pressure to order anything from it). The beds are so comfortable. The pool area is nice and the morning breakfast was delicious. The staff was genuinely helpful. Mr. Ismail, the general manager was one of the most lovely Egyptians I met on my entire trip. His hospitality really made my trip to Aswan a great experience. The location is also perfect for someone coming by train because you will not need a taxi and it's easy to find. I would recommend Marhaba to everyone who is going to visit Aswan. The only downside I would have to say is the Marhaba does not serve alcohol. That's the only downside and it's not that bad of a downside.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends