“Good budget hotel - Will arrange affordable tours”
Review of Keylany Hotel

Keylany Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Good location, 2 minutes walk to Aswan Souk and about 5 minutes to the Nile. Taxi from train station was 10 EGP. Could walk from train in about 15 minutes but for 10 EGP, why bother.
Solo traveller stayed for 4 nights in April 2013. Stayed in twin bed room (single room) with ensuite bathroom, good air conditioning, fridge and in room safe. Very affordable, 4 nights $92USD. Double rooms and rooms with small balcony were more expensive. Room was clean and quiet so slept well. I had enough hot water, but there was only one of me.
Small cost for use of PC's in basement. Great breakfast on the roof. Coffee, juice, fruit, pancakes, toast and spreads. Laundry seemed expensive as it was about 3 to 5 EGP per piece. This may well have been the going price in Aswan, however Laundry in Dahab was 1/2 the price. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly and answered all my Emails when I was in the planning stages.
Hotel arranged;
1. my trip in minibus to Abu Simbel (start at 3:00 a.m), I think it was 70 EGP (without Philae). Includes breakfast box, but this is very basic (juice, bread and condiments).
2. transport to Luxor by minibus (start at 8:00 a.m.) with stops at Komombo and Edfu and arrive Luxor at around 2:00 p.m. Dropped at Luxor ferry so that I could easily reach my west bank hotel. If you are staying on the east bank they will drop you at your hotel.
Best thing about this hotel was it was very affordable, great breakfast and the two tours I booked with the hotel were affordable (cheaper than elsewhere) and exactly what I wanted.

Room Tip: Beware of Aswan Souk - I had my purse pick pocketed
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank loulou26_9
There are newer reviews for Keylany Hotel

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This hotel is located only a few minutes walk from the corniche. Central to the ferry, feluccas, cafes & ATM's. It's also only a few steps away from the bazaar if you are into shopping.
The reception staff are friendly & very helpful. Trips to Abu Simbel can be arranged at reception.
My room was small (2 single beds) but all I needed for a couple of nights. The bathroom was a bit squeezy but manageable. It had a ceiling fan & air conditioning, also free WiFi.
I was attracted to this hotel because of the price - very cheap!
Given the low cost I think The Keylany Hotel is excellent value for money.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: There are 4 or 5 floors. If you don't like stairs, ask for a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank pakhet
Reviewed 16 March 2013

It's a basic place, but it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast on the rooftop is very nice. And the staff at the front desk were great:Friendly, helpful, competent, knowledgeable and honest. It was a pleasure to deal with them. And we found it a convenient location: far enough away from the main road to avoid the traffic noise, but still within walking distance of most of the sites and restaurants.
A comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I've been traveling for many years. I've stayed at fleabag hotels, fancy hotels, medium hotels. This one is far and away my favorite. Here's why:

- Outstandingly friendly, helpful and knowedgeable staff
- Clean rooms, bathrooms, halls, reception
- Delightful rooftop terrace
- Nice breakfasts
- Free reliable strong wi-fi
- And did I mention the great staff?

Room Tip: Because the hotel is pretty much surrounded by mosques, I don't think there are any quiet rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aliza E
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was at Keylany hotel ( recommended by my tour guide from Luxor) for few hours overnight sleep on the way to Abu Simbel, coming from Luxor. the hotel although it's very basic- more like 1 maximum 2 stars for European standards- it's very clean. for 2-3 hours sleep this is all I wanted. they offered us a packed breakfast, which is standard but without fruit being included. I paid 15 Euros which is definitely very expensive considering that I used the hotel for the Abu Simbel trip and I stayed only for 3 hours. another thing to bear in mind is that is very loud- the music from the next building and people's walks about do not stop until at least 0130 a.m.. at 0300 a.m. I had to leave the hotel, so I didn't get too much sleep that night.

something else to consider if people are traveling from Luxor and back to Aswan- the train strike whenever they want. I didn't have problems getting to Aswan but instead of arriving at 11 p.m. on the way back to Luxor I arrived at 0500 a.m.( left Aswan at 1945 hours) because of the strike. no prior warning and no help from tourist police. the train stopped at a very small train station that it's not even on a map, nobody either from the train station or tourist police answered in either Aswan or Luxor to send a bus for us, so lucky that locals arranged minibuses to take us to our destinations. it's not safe to travel either by bus ( a Chinese has been killed and 12 injured the day before I went to Abu Simbel trip on a road traffic accident- it has been believed that the driver was too fast and a tyre burst) or by train because of these incidents.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Claudiacgc
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Keylany Hotel

The people that works in this hotel are awesome, they have great options in terms of tours, for example you can get a share bus to Abu Simbel for 70 EGP per person.. great deal. The accommodations are basic and clean. I think they can improve more in terms of maintenance the hotel, paint the walls, get a nicer furniture, and little details that can improve the hostel. Often when you arrive to the reception you will get terrible smell of cigaret. It seems it is something cultural to smoke everywhere but the hotel should respect the fact that a lot of their guest do not smoke and they could smoke out side. The life standard in Egypt is lot cheaper than in Europe. Most of the facilities all over Egypt cost the same as a Hostel in Europe but not the same standards so be prepared for that. We took the option of laundry and we though was a little bit pricy for the result, clothes having a smoke smell so I think it was not worth it to use this service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank galapaguito01
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Room was small but decent, bathroom really small, uncomfortable shower...overall clean.
Staff was nice and cooperative.
Beautiful terrace and good breakfast.
Very good location, few meters from Nile corniche and not far away from railway station.

• Stayed: December 2012