“Nice hotel, well situated, helpful staff”
Review of Keylany Hotel

Keylany Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Aswan
Dortmund, Germany
“Nice hotel, well situated, helpful staff”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Keylani Hotel is situated close to one of the main roads of Aswan, but on a little side street, so you don't hear too much of the traffic. Shops, bars, ATMs, the nile and restaurants are within a 5-10min walking distance. The hotel itself has A/C ensuite (hot showers) double rooms for EGP 235 (€25), including an excellent breakfast on the rooftop terrace. WiFi is free, the staff is really helpful and knowledgeable. Parking can be done in front of the hotel, laundry service is available but expensive. Better do it in one of the places around. If you arrive in Egypt from Sudan, you can buy a SIM card in one of the shops just outside the door.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I do not understand what people like about the hotel. I stayed for 3 nights (pre-booked and payed, otherwise I would have changed). In the first room the shower didnt work, so they gave me another on the 2. floor. Extremely loud AC - impossible to sleep, and Aswan in June is hot! Everything was run down and shabby and dirty, the bathroom to tiny that I couldnt stand in the shower and not get the towel wet, whereever I put it.. the bed was old and smelly, the bedsheets ragged and faded.. I didnt feel comfortable at all. Breakfast was a joke- 2 pieces of toast, cheapest jam and 1 (!) scrambled egg. Never again! I had to ask for breakfast to tell them on the roof - as I came up 10 minutes later they still didnt even start and chatted on! Only good service is at the reception!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sanmon
HOLYOKE, MA
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I don't know what the other hotels are like (which seems to be boosting the Keylaney's reputation) but my shower was ice cold despite the heater being on, the room was pretty beat, the beds were comfortable, but the pillows smelled like the last patron, some of the lights in the room didn't work. They have a Jacuzzi room for longer term guests which they let me use. This was exciting as I'd had a long, cold day, but the Jacuzzi was tepid, only half the jets worked, and the bottom was grimy. This would be fine for a $10 hostel in Egypt, but not a $30 hotel.

Pro is that it's right next to the souk. There's not much to see in Aswan besides transport to Abu Simbel. Staff was nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank THERMODANI
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Finding a descent backpacker hotel in Aswan can be difficult. If you have business to conduct in Aswan, as many travelers do, avoid the West Bank. The Keylany Hotel is well located, clean, inexpensive, friendly staff, and a rooftop pool to boot. The souq is across the street, with plenty of places to eat and even grab a beer. I paid more than in Luxor or Cairo ($17) but had a private bath, tv, mini fridge, free wifi and air con. Call to negotiate prices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My stay at Keylany was too short and I'm very happy I chose this hotel. The reception were friendly, informative, and over all very helpful, they arranged a private driver to take me to Abu Simbel, which was perfect because I got there half an hour earlier then the tour buses and I had the temple all to myself. My room was very clean, air conditioning worked well and the hotel is nicely close to the Souk. Aswan was my favourite destination in all of Egypt, and the next time I am back in Aswan, I will definitely stay at Keylany Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nicskey
Harare Province, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 23 June 2013

very helpful and friendly staff, especially the manager. HE helped me while i was waiting for my visa. ALso he got me fair prices on all the taxis i ordered through the hotel. THe wifi worked, the bed was comfortable and aircon worked a treat. I had the misfortune to stay in a fewbof aswans other budget hotels, lets just say, do yourself a favour and go for the keylany.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank J K
Riverbank, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I have read lot of reviews and finally decided to go with Keylany hotel. Stayed with my family for a night.we were given triple room on the lower level. Room is comfortable and slept comfortably. AC worked fine. Manager at the front desk was very helpful and answered all my questions. Wifi worked fine. Souk was very nearby. Just get out of the entrance and turn left and you will end up at the souk. We found Aswan souk much better than Cairo and Luxor. Did plenty of souvenir, spice shopping here at the souk. Found the laundry expensive. Costs around 30EGP for few T shirts and a pant. Did not take any tour with them. I heard the tours arranged by Keylany are very cheap.

Manager was very helpful. Even he hawled me a taxi and negotiated price for me. I know it was very cheap because next day I had to pay more for a taxi from a tour arranged by my cruise.

Next morning we went to the rooftop for breakfast. Breakfast was okay just pancake, bread toast and juice. But you have to climb all the way to the 4th floor some people may feel inconvenient.

Overall not had a bad experience with my stay and the customer service is really outstanding. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone who want to stay on a budget hotel.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family