Royal House Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$96
US$89
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Sometimes I read reviews on T A and while I appreciate everyone is entitled to their opinion I can't believe we have stayed/eaten/visited the same places. This hotel is NOT 5 * and I believe you get what you pay for. I found this hotel for a very fussy friend, she visits Luxor 2 or 3 times every year and has done for many years, since I introduced her to this hotel she has never stayed anywhere else. The rooms are clean, the staff helpful and the owner Mr Adel would never let anything bad happen in this hotel any complaint would be dealt with immediately. There is a pool on the roof and I have visited many times, the only people I have every seen on the roof is a waiter asking if you need drinks/food or the bouseboy who brings towels for guests who want to swim and he doesnt stay, delivers the towels and disapears again. My only complaint, and yes I have also stayed there several times, is the breakfast is the same every day for years now... no choices, you get breakfast and that is that.. however if you want 5 * breakfast them pay for 5* service in the big hotels, you actually get 5* service from the staff. I have no complaints about this hotel at all, some people are not happy unless they complain and if they that unhappy let them go and complain about another hotel next time.....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank Yasmeena
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed there two days , the entrance was great . staff was helpful a friendly , internet it were slow , but this was the case in all egypt and it good for surf , the swimming pool on the roof is wonderful , the roof getting to look over Luxor ,nice breakfast , which consist of tea or cafe ,honey, cake and delicious omelet eggs , Etc.... , my room was clean . the service wasn't at the same level on five stars hotels , but in any case it was enough . realy i had enjoyed here . be careful from taxi drivers , carriage and people who offering the services in street , Without any guarantee

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank blackangle2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The Royal House is well located, my room was clean and i enjoyed a dip in the pool on the roof. For the price, I could not be disappointed, but the computers in the lobby (5LE per half hour) were quite slow and the advertised WiFi was not working. The advertised Visa was also not working so I had to pay cash on checkout, which required a trip to the bank, and then as so often happens in Egypt they did not have change and this delayed me quite a bit and almost made me miss my bus, which certainly put a damper on me recollections of the place.

The wait staff were very nice, but sadly they do not bring beer because the hotel doesn't sell alcohol. The manager was also quite helpful but the desk staff were not. The front desk will arrange 1/2 day trips but at prices that are quite exorbitant relative to what you can easily obtain for yourself (although by 'easily' I mean after fighting through a swarm of guides, taxi drivers, and caleche drivers and negotiating remorselessly).

The breakfast consisted of instant coffee or tea, bread and jam, and eggs; I did not bother to show up after the first morning. There are several cute cafes and restaurants nearby, and it is about 10 minutes walk north to Luxor Temple.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TorontoGavin
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed 2 nights with a tour group. Staff are very helpful and polite, and very keen to ensure guests are happy. Facilities are tired - older model AC which worked but was noisy, with no remote control - difficult to reach to adjust. Fridge in room was good. The bathroom was fine - not new but clean. No WIFI which would have been good. Internet on ground floor. Swimming pool on the roof was great - a nice way to cool down. Breakfast boxes uninspiring, but this has been the case across Egypt in our experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed there three nights with small group , the staff is very helpful ,especially receptionist . our room very clean and bathroom is modern , i can say , you will get more than you will pay,breakfast very good compared to price,only one problem there wasn't international phone but i think it isn't big problem becouse you can surf internet ,if you search for comfortable place with excellent service , friendly staff , and reasonable rates , this is the place you're looking for

Room Tip: 301(royal room )
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple