A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar
Ranked #7 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: A Taste Of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Lounge Bar is Luxor's premiere Asian & Arabian Restaurant we serve quality Indian & Middle Eastern Cuisine with a good International Menu plus our great steaks & Burgers. Our COCKTAIL & COFFEE LOUNGE is NOW OPEN. The restaurant & Bar is fully licensed featuring ICE COLD bottled beers, Draught Heineken, a good wine list, spirit and cocktail selection plus fresh ground Lavazza coffee with additional flavor shots, all available in the main restaurant or in our lounge area whether dining or not. Restaurant is NON SMOKING(6pm TO 10pm) From 10pm we have "AFTER HOURS" Supper Club & Bar with it's own bar menu and Full Bar Service. Look out for my new restaurant HARD WOK CAFE Chinese & Thai Food
London, United Kingdom
“Compliments!”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great food and service as always Russell - we were the party of 4 you may remember who flit between Taste of India and The King & Thai - you are all doing a grand job. I never eat Indian/Thai food in England as find it too salty but yours is just fab!!

• Visited July 2012
ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to write reviews for my restaurants. I am pleased you enjoyed you meals and it was nice to see you in both restaurants regularly during your holiday and I hope the time with us contributed to you all having a great holiday here in Luxor.
Best Wishes

Sleaford, United Kingdom
“Best food during 10 days in Luxor”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed at Sofitel Karnak, and came into town 9 night s of our stay. Without a question, the best food we had was here. And to prove it, the family unanimously agreed to revisit the last night of our stay. And with me having a love of Indian, wife warming quickly to it, and two teenage kids with suspicions of anything that isn't round, made of mince and coming with chips, that's a compliment indeed.

Try it early in your stay, then go to the others, then come back when you realise it's the best.

Excellent

• Visited August 2012
ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to review the restaurant I am pleased you enjoyed your numerous visits to the restaurant and our food. I will pass on your comments to the team. BTW we can do mince (fillet steak) in several ways and with chips just let us know!! We hope to see you again.
London
“Compliments to the Chef.”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Being Indian we went to this restaurant craving taste and flavour after eating quite bland food in the hotel, and were naturally apprehensive as to the food we’d be served. The portions sizes were just right, but we did have to explain to the chef we needed the food to be slightly more spicy and ‘authentic’ (!) and once he'd made some changes, the food was very nice! The chef is Egyptian as opposed to Indian so was very receptive to hear honest comments about his food and was asking questions about how it could be improved. A chef who wants to grow and learn from cooking for people of the origin of food he is serving can only be complimented. If you're looking for traditional Indian food, or food exactly like you get at your local curry house you may be disappointed, but even we (being Indian and all!) were impressed with the chef’s ability to produce dishes that were almost (if not completely) akin to dishes you'd get in an Indian restaurant back in England.

The main reason I mention the chef and restaurant, isn’t so much for their food, but for their willingness to accommodate our dietary needs on the day we went due to religious reasons. You certainly wouldn't get service like that anywhere in England!

On a slightly less positive note, we passed the owner as we left and he had a drink outside the restaruant and when he asked us how it was, I answered honestly and said it wasn't bad for an Indian cooked by a non-Indian and complimented the chef. The owner seemed to take offence to this (or perhaps I mistook what he said in the aggressive tone it was said - which I hope) as he made a point of saying the chef had been cooking for 9 years so he knew what he was doing. This left a bit of a sour taste in our mouths as I'm an honest person, and the food at Taste of India is good for someone who isn't Indian cooking it, but I couldn't lie to the owner and say it was fantastic just for the sake of it. I hope I was wrong and mistook his answer as being curt when it wasn't meant to be but that was a negative experience which tarred an otherwise good meal out!

Visited July 2012
ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to my restaurant. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and appreciated the efforts of the team to ensure your visit was enjoyable.
I am sorry if during our conversation I came across as curt and aggressive it was most certainly not my intention and I was not offended by your comments, I was pleased that you enjoyed your meal and was merely giving you some history on the restaurant and chef and that we started together in Luxor over 11 years ago in May 2001.
Shropshire
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The food was lovely - authentic, great portion sizes with great service. For two of us to eat a two course meal each with drinks came to £16 - cant beat the price either!

Visited July 2012
Hi
Thank you for your review I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and hope we will see you again.
regards
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Peshwari Naan and Chicken Biriyani - superb”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

When on holiday we always have to return to the Taste of India as we love it there. Both husband and I chose the Chicken Biriyani accompanied with Peshwari Naan. So very, very tasty. Service is efficient and staff always very attentive. A joy to have a chat with Russell while we were there, who is always monitoring that the food and service is excellent.

Can highly recommend this eatery, will certainly be back on our next visit.

• Visited July 2012
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and meal with us.
It is always nice to see regular visitors return and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Russell

Travellers who viewed A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar also viewed

Luxor, Nile River Valley

Been to A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar? Share your experiences!