A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar
Ranked #8 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Description: A Taste Of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Lounge Bar is Luxor's premiere Asian & Arabian Restaurant we serve quality Indian & Middle Eastern Cuisine with a good International Menu plus our great steaks & Burgers. Our COCKTAIL & COFFEE LOUNGE is NOW OPEN. The restaurant & Bar is fully licensed featuring ICE COLD bottled beers, Draught Heineken, a good wine list, spirit and cocktail selection plus fresh ground Lavazza coffee with additional flavor shots, all available in the main restaurant or in our lounge area whether dining or not. Restaurant is NON SMOKING(6pm TO 10pm) From 10pm we have "AFTER HOURS" Supper Club & Bar with it's own bar menu and Full Bar Service. Look out for my new restaurant HARD WOK CAFE Chinese & Thai Food
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Came at noon time, waited 5mins to see the waiter, who looked very unhappy and acted rude. We were looking for Thai food because that's part of their name, but he simply said no without any explanation. Is it ok I don't pay him tip at all?

ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant I a sorry you didn't have the experience I wish for our guests.
Our Thai chef is away on holiday and that should have been made clear. While not an excuse, as any seasoned traveller would appreciate its Ramadan here and the temperatures are in excess of 100F at noon so those fasting may be a little less hospitable than I would like.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Yet again found ourselves drawn to The Taste of India and the great food. We found the meals to be of excellent standard and quality and definitely value for money. A very clean and welcoming place to eat and prompted 3 visits during our 2 week period in Luxor. Thanks as always to Bisho - and to you Russell.

We do miss The Fortune Cookie though and you may remember we had a long chat outside re your plans for Hurghada?

Keep up the good work in what must be difficult times with so few tourists.

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit it's always a pleasure to see our regular visitors and thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I always visited this restaurant on my twice yearly visits to Luxor, now that I live here I visit weekly!
It doesn't matter what evening I go the restaurant is always spotlessly clean and has a lovely atmosphere within.
The food is always freshly prepared by the chef's and the quality is great.
I normally tend to order the same dish each time I go, but every now and then I try something new and I am not dissappointed.
Whenever I have friends staying in Luxor I always take them here and they love it.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and I feel at home when I visit even when I am on my own.
If you haven't already been, then please try, you won't be dissappointed.
Keep up the good work guys!!!!!!

2  Thank Stef075

Thanks for your review its always good to see return visitor and even more so if we become your "local" favorite.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I ate at this restaurant twice, sampling good quality Indian food. Nothing special but as good as any standard Indian restaurant back in the UK. On my third visit I was looking for The King and Thai, a restaurant I had visited last year. The chef told me this had closed but he had taken over the menu and could cook Thai. The menu he gave me was from the previous restaurant. My mother and I ordered a Thai meal each and waited ..... an Indian we had not ordered arrived. After some time I managed to send it back and speak to the chef. No apology was given, no discount, no drink while we waited for the meals we had ordered. When they arrived they bore no resemblance to any Thai meals I have ever eaten. My curry was red but by no means a red Thai curry. My mother's noodles were more akin to pasta.

I would say this restaurant is ok for Indian but not Thai. I did not return as I did not like their attitude. I expect an apology at least but this was not forthcoming.

1  Thank Jo B
ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hi
Thanks for your review and feedback I am sorry that your experience with your Thai meal and service was not up to the standard I require in my restaurants.
I will discuss this with the staff today.
Due to the town being quite I have moved all restaurants into one, at the moment our Thai executive is on holiday but there should be no drop in the standard of our meals otherwise I would have suspended the menu.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Lovely atmosphere in this restaurant and very good service.

Food is quite poor. Very bland curry, nowhere near as hot as promised and lumps of veggies included which suggests the chef doesn't like using his chopping board.

Luxor is a terrible place for food and whilst I would not go near this restaurant if there was a half-decent high-street curry house nearby, it is (in my opinion) the 2nd best restaurant in Luxor after the pizza place next door. If you want a curry in Luxor, you won't find better.

ras2, Owner at A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit to my restaurant I am sorry you were disappointed with your meal.
This is not what we are about and is not the normal response I get from feedback perhaps you could PM the day and time of your visit and your choices so I can find out what happened.
If anyone wishes for spicy food thats what they should be getting and we can always make dishes more spicy if it's pointed out.
Our vegetables are all chopped on a chopping board we wouldn't be able to cook them otherwise lol.

Russell

Travellers who viewed A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar also viewed

Luxor, Nile River Valley

Luxor, Nile River Valley

Been to A Taste of India & Arabia International Restaurant Plus Bar? Share your experiences!