“Lovely food”

Ranked #29 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I've been several times to Deans and never been disappointed, all his food is freshly prepared and you can actually see it being cooked by his competent friendly chefs.
The fish and chips are the best I've had anywhere, even in UK, fillet steak cooked to perfection and also Thai curries to suit any taste,I could go on as there is such a wide selection.
He has recently put new trendy signage up which brings a rather dull street to life and a refurb inside that creates an ambience of warmth and cosiness, rather better than some places in the area.
I hope Deans survives the lack of tourists, he certainly deserves to, splendid food at very moderate prices and I will be going back there on my return to Luxor.
All I can say is don't walk by, try it and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Eila t

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and professional service good prices carries are extremely good and a varied menu and never a bad meal this was my first time in Egypt and loved it

Reviewed 17 March 2014

A small restaurant up a side street from the main roads near the Sonesta and Nile Palace. We last visited Deans a number of years ago, before the revolution and this was a pleasant return. Dean was helpful, the food great and the whole evening was first class. Will certainly return to Dean's on our next visit to Luxor

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have made return visits to this restaurant over many years and have never been served a bad meal. The quality of the food has remained at a consistent high standard.

I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant its great value and the daily specials are always worth checking out.

As an added bonus the owner knows his music and has a great library of songs, also there is free WI-FI at this restaurant.

1  Thank Dogma35
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Like all of luxor it was quiet there was only myself and another couple eating in the restaurant although some others did come in later. The steak was perfectly cooked as I asked medium rare. The only down side for me was the owner smoking at the service desk. The restaurant isn't large and I know smoking is everywhere in Egypt but you just don't smoke where people are eating. Because of the food I would like to give it a higher overall rating but the owner smoking let it down, customers smoking I would accept.

2  Thank Violet007