“Best hostel of my whole Egypt trip”

Bob Marley House Hostel
Ranked #4 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Luxor
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this review after backpacking around Egypt for two months. It's my only review because I think this hostel really deserves it.

I stayed at a dorm. The room with fan and AC, sheets and towels were clean. A very well balanced breakfast was included and it was possible to buy water and other drinks for street prices. The reception area and the rooftop were nice places to hang out with others.

The owners were very friendly and helpful with every question I had about the sights an tours. They even provided me a guidebook and a backpack for my day trips. It seems that they actually care about their guest. The staff, especially Tarek, was very helpful - thanks guys!

The tours they offer are affordable and as good as any others.

Over all it was a very relaxed and familiar stay. If I visit Luxor once more, I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LeToeb

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, great breakfast, decent wifi and good atmosphere. No complaints. I'll stay there again when I go to Luxor! I stayed for 5 nights. They also offer tours at reasonable prices. Best budget option in Luxor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I extended my stay and overall everything was fine. I get the idea that different guests get treated differently at this guesthouse depending on factors. At the beginning a staff member was a bit too friendly and helpful to me. I probably should have nipped it in the bud but he was so persistent. One day I found him at the door of other female guests trying the same things on, like presenting them with small gifts etc and chasing around after them. His English was not so good so it became an awkward situation for me, and he was at me all day on his own theme narrative. I think that he was just after a huge lump sum of money as a tip at the end of my stay. I did not give it to him as I did not think that he should do this stuff to female travelers which he knows little about. The owners are good hosts and provide a nice atmosphere. The smoking in the reception area was a bit hard for me. All in all a good stay and mostly fond memories. I would come again, but the staff member issue was a bit embarrassing. I hope that it gets resolved in time.

Room Tip: Top floor street side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

When i arrived from Aswan the staff from the hostel where welcoming me on a great way! They offered me directly a breakfast and after that they explained how i could get around in town and which sights are the best to visit. To get around in town they gave me a map from Luxor and from the Westbank. Very handy to use.

I stayed in de dormitory for two nights. On my last day i could stay for free after check out time in the dorm and i could use the shower with a fresh towel as well before my bus was leaving in the evening for Cairo.

The staff is really friendly and helpful. Two examples from these are that it was no problem to have an extra breakfast around 12 o'clock. The second thing is that they offered me free tea a couple off times.

I thought the price from the breakfast was seperated from the price from te dormitory. When they showed me the bill i thought i had to pay around 104 Egypt Pounds. It was cheaper and they where very honest to say that the breakfast was included in the price. Great staff and an awesome place to stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Arie v
Reviewed 29 June 2014

They are super friendly~and the service is super good!!! They do everthing you ask for or something you dont even ask for~all they concern about is to make their guest as satisfied as possible~~ They are really really nice!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

They are so nice including the staff and host! Marley took us to the market and every place we want to go. Bob booked the boat for us and helped us arrange the schedule. They are really so nice and if I will come back one day, I will stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is in a good location very quiet. Not really close to the he temple but it is near tv street.
The bathrooms need some work on them as water leaks everywhere.
But the dishonesty of the staff at the hostel is unbelievable. I can not possibly write everything that they tried to cheat me with. But being able to read and understand arabic was my saviour.
Honestly just dont bother with this hovel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends