“Very happy to go again.”
Review of Jewel of the Nile

Jewel of the Nile
Ranked #9 of 153 Restaurants in Luxor
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Please note the Jewel of the Nile has now moved, we are opposite Snobs restaurant. We are open from 10 am until 11 pm Daily.
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Very happy to go again.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Thanks Laura for making our visits so pleasant, good food and a good chat - can't ask for much more.
It says something when you had a tenth of all the Jolie Ville guests in last Tuesday evening and the food there is pretty good.
My wife loved the deep fried aubergine dish - how on earth did you come up with such a good idea!! Both my Egyptian and British mixed grill were great.
Hope to see see you soon - en shallagh.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Brewersfriend

chelmsford,essex
“great Sunday roast”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

If you are missing your Sunday rpast why not give the Jewel a try-great food and great company-Laura will make you so welcome.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank egyptlover65
Haslingden, United Kingdom
“Excell4ent”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great welcome, food and service.
Both Egyptian and European dishes all freshly cooked. The vegetables are superb.
All the food tastes of what it should.
Cant wait for our next trip to this wonderful country visiting The Jewel again.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank patagerry
Luxor
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Before I write this review I must state that I have a number of acquaintances who have given me rave reviews over the past week, this being the reason I tried it for myself.

On entering I was pleased to see proper table clothes and cotton napkins, always a good sign.The table decoration was pleasing with a bowl of false flowers to take the drabness off of an otherwise quite dreary décor .The tables and chairs being a bit clumpy and not very attractive looking. The whole place badly needs a needs a freshen up.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and produced a menu within a few minutes of sitting at a table.
The menu is extensive, providing a whole range of Egyptian, English and International choices. Possibly too extensive for a restaurant of that size.

I chose the home made tomato soup which was passable, if not exactly unforgettable. Followed by fish and chips, as it had been recommended to me. The first disappointment was the absence of tartar sauce, which was not provided. No excuse for that as it is so easy to make.
The batter round the fish, although being advertised as crispy beer batter was soggy and soft, and quite unpleasant. The chips had the sort of nasty taste that comes from frying in none to clean oil. The meal was well below standard, and to cap it all I was served coffee in a mug.I didn't investigate any further with regard to lavatory facilities as I know I wont be going back. I cannot recommend this restaurant, particularly as it is also tucked away in a dusty backstreet and quite difficult to find.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank tonyq226
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“HIGH STANDARDS”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

JUST returned from luxor after 19 fantastic nights great weather and food.
the jewel really is a fantastic restaurant,my fav is the huge sunday lunch prepared to perfection by mamood. Mohamed allyways gives service with a smile and laura is the perfect host
had a wonderful birthday party there with friends and had a reall good night.
we ate there most nights for good reason.
to add luxor is very very safe there is no trouble of any kind there it is sad there are so few tourists as we were greeted with kindness by all the locals.
you can easily fly there on egyptair, a very good airline with great service.
go and see the biggest open air museum in the world and eat well at the jewel

• Visited November 2013