“JUST LIKE IT ALWAYS WAS AND MORE”
Review of Gerda's Garden

Gerda's Garden
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Luxor
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: German, Egyptian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 August 2014

It is 9 years since I first went into Gerdas Garden and did a review.
I can say that the atmosphere is still the same with that like being at home feeling.
The menu has been extended and there are more specials on than before, but don't worry if you are looking for something you had last time as all the old favourites are still there.
It is still a friendly family run restaurant.
Just like it always was

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went here on our last night stay in Luxor we had great service from the lovely German owner we were made very welcome great food with lovely crapes for dessert ... Well worth the trip to karnack !!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went to Gerda's Garden on the last night of our holiday and we were pleasantly surprised.
The owners are lovely and very helpful. The food was very good, home cooking and not fussy.
It's just a shame there is a lack of tourists in Luxor!!!
Gerda's is definitely worth a visit!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Gerda's Garden is literally a stone's throw away from the Hilton at Luxor. My son and I wandered in for lunch, after a long hot morning at the Valley of Kings. I am so glad we did!
The restaurant is small, with an eclectic decor , piles of old magazines and a whole lot of books, probably left behind by previous customers. It is , however, very clean .
The owner chefs are very friendly, very helpful and go out of their way to make you comfortable. Soon after we walked in, there was a power cut and the meal took a wee bit long to cook. They must have apologised a thousand times for the delay.
The food was excellent , generous portions, served with warmth and pride in their cooking. Gerda's Garden is shut on Mondays , otherwise we would certainly have gone back for another meal.An added bonus: they showed us a tiny grocery store, in a little winding lane, which had the best bakhur ( incense).

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I were heading home from a boat trip when the cab driver told us about this restaurant so we checked it out. I am glad we ate there. The owner is super nice and the food is amazing. We were not looking for German food in Egypt but we noticed this restaurant served both types of food. We both got a German dish and walked away from the restaurant very satisfied. I tried the minced meat dish and my wife ordered goulash. I highly recommend this place to anyone staying in Luxor as it was a great experience for my wife and me.