“good food good staff good laugh”
Review of Castello - CLOSED

Castello
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Newly refurbished, under new management and name 'Aisha Restaurant' New menu, fresh ingredients daily.
london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food good staff good laugh”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

we were in luxor from 4/4/12 till 18/4 12 we eat in most restaurants
but went back to castellos most nights very tasty food good price
never had a bad meal i would recommend it to any one gooing to luxor
welldone castellos
steve and the welsh ladies

• Visited April 2012

swansea
“yum yum”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Lovely welcome, lovely food..... prawn cocktail to die for. I ate here whilst on holiday several times. I had a dalliance with other restaurants during my 14 day stay - but found myself back at Castellos again and again...... satisfied and comfortable.

• Visited April 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food good value.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I eat here every time I am in Luxor and it is always very good. It is nicely set out with traditional furniture and lights and the staff are very friendly, though the waiter who was there last year (who spoke very good English and taught me some Arabic while I waited for my meals) has gone. The food is good and it is reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2012
Jefferson City, Missouri
“One of my top two favorite dining experiences in all of Egypt!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I know it has been a while since I've been there, but better late than never! I am so glad that other people have found this little gem and are continuing to enjoy the great service and food. I was staying a few nights at the Steigenberger Hotel in Luxor, and I like to venture out and take in some of the local flavor in a new place. I had not wandered very far at all before I came across Castello, and was so happy that I did. Absolutely the most welcoming and friendly dining experience, and the food was fantastic. Budget friendly, too! I wish I could have eaten every meal there. The wood fired pizza was delicious, as well as a vegetable dish (eggplant, etc.) in tomato sauce, kind of like a lasagna, but called something else that I can't remember. Please, give Castello your business when visiting Luxor, and you will not be sorry!

• Visited May 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, courteous service with great food”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The staff of the Castello restaurant provide an excellent personal service. They were always friendly and helpful, willing to go out of their way to adapt their menu to the needs of a dairy free diet. The menu was varied, tasty and excellent value for money. Having had two less than great meals at other places we then happily had nearly every other lunch and evening meal of our two week holiday at the Castello.

• Visited January 2012