“An oasis in Luxor”
Review of Boomerang Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luxor
Boomerang Hotel
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Sydney
“An oasis in Luxor”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is the best place to stay in Luxor, it is cheap, clean and in a great location within easy reach of the most important places to see in Luxor. Mia the Australian owner treats each guest individually. The staff are just great, I did an early check in (6am) and luckily the room I booked was available, she got me settled in no time, at no extra cost, I was able to sleep after a long bus ride from Cairo, the thing I needed was a good rest and what a relief to be able to have a shower, sleep in a clean huge room with clean bedding. The hostel pricing is exceptionally reasonable for the quality of what you get. The 10LE (Egyptian pounds) for breakfast is awesome, for what you get you will not be able to buy a similar breakfast for that price anywhere in Luxor or Cairo, it is basic but filling and if you’re on a budget it does great. Nothing is too much for the staff.

I normally stay in 3 to 5 star hotels but chose to stay in a Hostel for the experience and I found it was the best choice ever as the Boomerang/ Bob Marley hostel is a 5 star experience, I got to meet some great fellow travelers who had amazing stories to share on the roof top which is would not have been able to meet in the higher end hotels. I am glad I chose Mia and her homely place above any other place in Luxor.

If you are used to room service or a maid making you bed or cleaning your room, this is not the hostel for you, if you expect clean linen everyday or a towel service or a continental breakfast, pay 5 to 10 times more and stay in another hotel, for what you pay, you will get a reasonable clean room, clean shower and clean bedding, keep it that way during your stay and treat it as a room at home and you’ll fit right in.

and you get free Wi-Fi, it is not super fast, but its free and worked okay for me.

Room Tip: If you can fork out a little more the double room with its own shower is great. Also the key to Egy...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
mohamed-mia, General Manager at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2014
thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you in the future

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Helpful staff, Good location, very clean, cozy and cheap! Everything is good!
I think it is the best hotel in luxor and egypt.
I feel like home. I enjoy my stay when i was in luxor.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for the nice words, We are pleased ou enjoyed our hotel

All the best for your future travels
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Centrally located. Friendly and helpful staff who are eager to make guests happy.
Clean. Rooms with small balconies. Nice breakfasts (though not free)

I enjoyed staying here and I am sure this is one of the decent choices in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the review. I am happy you think we are a decent choice :)

Breakfast is not free, however , it is not an ordinary budget hotel breakfast. We have a buffet, with toast, fruit, eggs, Imported cheeses, Meat, With coffee and many types of tea.

The extra 10le that you pay for breakfast is well worth it
London
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Bob Marley Peace/Boomerang Hotel. So much so I passed on Aswan, but that was because I was tired and this place gave me a great place to chill out on their rooftop terrace.
Food was ordered for me, trips arranged and a very nice dorm room, all at great prices.
Mia is the leading lady and shes quite a laugh, good banter.
My only slight negative would be that my room wasn't cleaned while I was there and the floor needed a good sweep.

Room Tip: Depending on how you are with stairs, the cheaper dorms are near the roof but a way up. Bear that in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi,
Thank you for the great review we really do appreciate it.
With regards to cleaning your room and housekeeping, I have signs posted in reception to please advise us if you wish your room cleaned. The reason I do this, is while you are staying in our hotel, the room that you are in is "yours" and your "personal" space. I try to respect the privacy of all the guests.
In saying this, however, you have brought to my attention that perhaps I should post this on each floor so that it is clearer to my guests.
Again thanks so much as without your comments I would not have realised that this sign may not be seen by all.

Mia

PS a good laugh is always welcome!!!
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I was going back to Luxor! Just 2 minutes from the temple, in a quiet location with the cleanest rooms/bathrooms one could ask for! I can't say anything close to negative about Boomerang

• Stayed October 2013
It was fun having you both here. Loved the story swapping especially about the hairdressers!!

I hope the rest of your travels are fun and full of adventure!!
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a great time at the Boomerang Hotel. Mia (the manager) was very friendly and gave lots of helpful hints about Luxor, such as how to keep safe there,
She helped sort out tours there without being pushy, for example she said that the Hot Air Balloon trip she could organise was slightly more then the travel agencys in town but this was the company she trusted.
The room was nice, bed was comfy and the air con was effective. The bathroom was kept clean.
The roof terrace was a very well set up and it was a good place to meet and have a beer before going out for dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
mohamed-mia, Owner at Boomerang Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for the review.
I am pleased you like our honesty policy.
To all my guests we do not hide any charges from you. If a service fee is charged you will be aware of it prior to booking.
If I am more expensive than another company etc there is a logical reason why and feel free to book with whom ever you choose.

PS the roof is my favourite place too
kannur
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have met the owner of this hotel and truly wish we had opted to stay here. Mia has been very helpful giving us several useful tips about Luxor. The place itself stands out very immaculately kept, seems very cool, not in a very busy part of town, just the place to stay if one wants some peace and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hyacinthKannur
Hi, Thanks for the review. It was great to meet you guys, especially as you understand the hotel business being owners yourself. I hope one day to visit your place in India. And if you are ever back this way we shall do coffee... only perhaps this time I wont pick you up on the street :)

All the best