“cheap but good”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

great friendly place, pub grub but very tasty would go back again. the pub is just across the road from the steinenberger hotel luxor.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were hungry and had walked around for a while looking for somewhere to eat, but all the recommended restaurants were shut! It was a sad situation really.. a town that has such amazing heritage sites, and yet not a single place open to eat, except for a McDonald's opposite Luxor Temple, which I refused to eat in.
We then passed this pub and it had been recommended in my guide book, so I instantly figured we should go there, despite being a little reluctant as it's hardly an authentic Egyptian restaurant!
Nevertheless I was impressed. The food took a long long time to arrive, but it was good (kebab, salad, chips, omelette). I had a cocktail too which was well made.
The staff were extremely friendly, and they had some football on TV. The only other guest was an English man who now lives in Luxor, so we spoke to him for a while.
The toilets were clean, as was the place in general, and I can imagine it having a great vibe with a few more people.
The decor was great - pictures of Lady Diana, musical and sporting icons.. there was a lot to look at!
I'm glad we ended up here

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great place if you want to catch up with sport. Food horrendous, can still feel the old oil our food was cooked in on the roof of my mouth.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Came here for lunch after failing to find another place and finding everything else closed. Glad we ended up here! proper pub with the footy on, nice staff, very strong cocktails and good food. I had the mixed grill, the girly had fish & chips, we had a side of chicken wings, was a lovely lunch. Wanted to come for some drinks on my last night but was not able to! See you next time!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visit Luxor regularly and King’s Head is handy to meet friends for a drink before going to local restaurants. It’s not easy to find, but there is an arrow sign on the street if you can keep your eyes peeled whilst sidestepping the caleche and taxi drivers. Go thro an entrance to a mini-arcade of tatty shops then up flights of stairs to the top. As a woman I don’t mind going in on my own having arranged to meet friends there.

The Egyptian wine, red, white and rose is fine there and friends say the Stella is served nicely cold. Alcohol prices are well in keeping with local restaurant prices and about half that of our hotel. We tend to have a couple of drinks before heading off to a local restaurant but if you plan to stay, the pizzas at around £2.50 are freshly made, tasty and filling. The footie is normally on, which I don’t mind as it is a pub. Wifi is a bit hit and miss. The shopkeepers from downstairs can be bit of a pest but will eventually get the message you’re not interested. And it can get a bit smokey in there, worst offenders being other Brits! However, the welcome is warm from Shadi and his staff, the pub is well worth a visit.