“Ideal for Karnak Temple”
Review of Karnak Hotel

Karnak Hotel
Karnak Hotel
Ranked #26 of 37 Speciality Lodging in Luxor
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Ideal for Karnak Temple”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Karnak Hotel is situated in Karnak City away from the regular tourist traps of taxis and caleche drivers. Quiet and friendly with a view of the mountains on the west bank. The rooms are clean and well provided, although I could have done with a better shower. Wireless internet access in the rooms was good, but it would be nice if that could be extended to the spacious garden with its crystal clear pool.The staff are amazingly friendly and it seems that nothing is too much trouble. From a cost point of view it is fabulous value, however it is only a three star hotel, so don't expect the Ritz. I loved its closeness to Karnak and was happy to walk there each morning (5 to 10 minutes) amidst the chaos that is an Egyptian high street. I really enjoyed the feeling of living in the community as opposed to being an "outside tourist". I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side overlook the main street, however you do look across the river towards the Th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ted L
hamadaLuxor, Guest Relations Manager at Karnak Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2016
Dear Mr.Ted
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
I do appreciate you taking the time to give us a detailed review on your experience with us, as we strive to constantly to meet our guests expectations, your comments always help us to get the right feedback. It’s a delight to hear that you enjoyed in our hotel room and all hotel facilities and the service of our staff, The hotel also Renovated on Year 2016, and we did upgrade to our Hotel facilities,
Looking forward to see you again in your second Home Karnak Hotel Luxor

Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

This is our third time here ,We have been coming to Karnak hotel since 1999 and always been great to stay , the staff make it very comfortable .They are very friendly.Also it is very affordable hotel and near to most of the sights.Thank you very much guys for looking after us.
see you again and merry Xmas and happy new year to you all . From us in the UK and Denmark .

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Vicci s
Dear Vicci
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Thank you for your Comment & I do appreciate you taking the time to give us a detailed review on your experience with us, as we strive to constantly to meet our guests expectations, your comments always help us to get the right feedback. It’s a delight to hear that you enjoyed in our hotel room and all hotel facilities and the service of our staff.
and also we did Renovate our Hotel in Year 2016 and upgraded all hotel Services& Facilities
Looking forward to see you in near future in your second Home Karnak Hotel Luxor
scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel is about 5 minutes outside the centre of Luxor, It is in a quiet area near the Hilton, no hassle from taxi's or kalesh drivers, the local bus stops outside if you want a bit of an adventure.
The hotel has very nice staff and are always willing to please, the bedrooms are clean and the sheets are changed every day, it has a pool and garden, for the price I paid I can't complain.
It is very handy for Genisus night club, a 2 min walk.
I have used Ali's taxi, I found him always punctual and always ready to help, I have also used his felucca, he comes and picks you up at any hotel and you can spend as long as you want on it sailing to the west bank where there is beaches and you can swim in the Nile, if you want food, he will give you a banquet, my mam and myself felt very safe with him at all times,he will really look after you, highly recomended. phone number +201062480567.

Room Tip: get a suite, for all the difference in price, they are bigger
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank sootyScotland
Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We was staying there in the time from 15th to 19th of June, in this real familiar, nice and quiet hotel only for few days, but sure we will come next time again to stay there if we visit Luxor. The staff very friendly and all times ready to help in any way. The rooms clean and in every room you can use the internet for free, what we not find in other 5star hotels. We find in the first a small problem with the swimmingpool, but it was solved in time, so we was really enjoy our days there.
We wish for the hotel and Luxor that the tourists soon come back

Room Tip: Ask for Room 407 or 307
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Mirijam A
Dear Mirijam
Taba, Egypt
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The night is cheap, and the staff is very, very nice and considerate (even too much during the meal). The food is very good and generous. Rooms are clean, especially the bathroom, the bedroom is fine, a bit hold thought. The only drawback is the pool, the water was the dirtiest water I have ever seen in a swimming pool. Seriously the water was green, we didn t want to get in. Also half of the long chair are broken ! So we booked this hotel for the pool and even if everything else was good, we were a bit disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Pascalini
newcastle
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Found this hotel on agoda. Website. Last time I was in Luxor and decided to look around
Before I booked. I come to Luxor quiet regularly was looking for a clean cheap hotel.
With no hassle outside. The Karnack Hotel is perfect for me. I booked a suit using the agoda website. Stating which room I wanted. There are some good deals on this website.
When I arrived everything went smoothly I just handed over the voucher I had printed off and was shown to my room which was very clean. the hotel is like a small family run hotel the staff are very polite.
I like the free wi fi which is all around the hotel. I have stayed in big hotels in Luxor before and not had this service. It's great to be able to go on the Internet whilst in my room or by the pool.
The breakfast is brought to you at your table by a lovely man who even gave me breakfast when I was late down one morning he said nothing was to much trouble for him to do.
The hotel sent a large plate of fruit to my room which I thought was a lovely gesture.
The swimming pool area is lovely and quiet. The men clean the pool every day.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone as it is clean, cheap and lovely polite staff.

Room Tip: Book a suite as its not much more money and you get sofas and loads of space to relax. Good air con
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank newcastlemiss003
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We spent two days in Luxor and it was wonderful, the sites were great and the people at the hotel were very nice. Recommend you go now, very safe and not crowded. We walked all over the city with no problems or hassle. The pool at the hotel was wonderful after a hot morning seeing the sites.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends